Rfactor 2 track map?

not at this time. There is a track map plugin that was very popular but it does not work with dx11, or rather dx11 does not work with it, but the gist is: Until S397 finishes it's updates and provides instruction for plug-in creators, there is no track map that work easily.
Two options: Use Steam to move back to an earlier pre-dx11 version of rF2. New content, however, will not work. 2nd: there is a networking streaming app that overlays ontop of a windows enviroment. I can't think of the name just now tho.

@davehenrie They are the latter. It's the overlays they've been using for their e-sports events lately.

In-game overlays, as in HUD, haven't been mentioned for quite a long time now. I would assume barely anyone cares at this point, like with anything rF2 related.

It's hard to find how to use Simhub to accomplish this in VR. I am trying to figure it out. Edit: The way I have found is to use OVR Toolkit, which costs $12 on steam. You can make a simhub dash in a window and use OVR Toolkit to place that window in VR with some transparency. Not totally transparent background. And I couldn't find pedal information in Simhub, but I got non-rotating track map, radar, gear and speed, and laptimes on a small transparent window I can place anywhere.

IN the April 30th roadmap, Marcels refers to overlays. These could be two things. 1. Items used by plugins for users while driving. or . 2. Items for broadcast so that remote viewing has more TV-like graphics.
@davehenrie They are the latter. It's the overlays they've been using for their e-sports events lately.

In-game overlays, as in HUD, haven't been mentioned for quite a long time now. I would assume barely anyone cares at this point, like with anything rF2 related.

I saw that, too, and I thought he was probably talking about the other thing. They indeed never mentioned HUD when talking about this new UI, or if the endless possibilities will extend to that.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea