1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

rFactor 2 release date

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Dan Hemmings, Jan 30, 2010.

1. When will it be i can't wait any longer...

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I fear you have to wait a lot longer :). No date has been announced yet.

3. i dont think it will hit the shelf befor x-mass 2010

4. My guess is June 2010 - but for on-line release rather than hitting the shelf.

5. Bram

Bram

Oh let's hope you are right David. I can survive those few more months :)

6. I'm more curious about rF2 than excited TBH. While I'm sure the Meganes will be popular they are not really my cup of tea. The 60s open wheeler and Spa is my cup of tea of course but I doubt we'll get GPL2 as part of the package. I think it will take a really great mod to "make" rF2 and I would guess it will take at least a year and probably longer for modders to really get to grips with RF2.

7. There are already modders with early versions of RF2, working on mods right now...or so I'm lead to believe.

8. which teams are that, Jayb?

9. Sure am ready too. I hope it will be HD, DirectX 10.
    I am glad ISI is not leading us on with potential dates. Just like most wise people do, let your words be few. ;)
    The SimFactory for Arca sim made a lot of people upset not keeping promised dates.

10. No insider info I'm afraid, just what I read on the VirtualR front page.

Team RMT with their World Super GT 2 mod for rFactor 2
    Team GMT with VLN 2009

They're the only ones I've seen advertised but I'd imagine there may be more.

11. Not sure at 100%, but i think the World Super GT 2 is tested on the first rFactor for the moment.

12. As Gregory has said WSGT2 is tested in rFactor 1.

When any preview vids are released at BSIM Racing it always points out that they're using rFactor 1 for testing. Only commercial developers would possibly have access to an unreleased code.

13. I understand that but I assumed (big assume I guess) that they would have some early version, otherwise what's the point of doing it in RF1? If that's the case then surely it's just a RF1 mod with some exaggerated promotion.

14. I think some people did get access to rF1 before release. The Birmingham track and the F3 mod came out very quickly after rF and i think the US pits also had access though their mods still took a while to appear.

15. Yup there is already 1 crew busy with RF2 engine. The only thing i can say about it. Is that it would be even more then you can even imagine. As this MOD team is also helping with the development. So i think this will be gamecontent ready mods :wink:

16. Bram

Bram

Its awfully silent again around rFactor 2... Why did they started the throw around screenshots and pre-pre-pre-alpha movies months ago and go into stealthmode again directly after.

17. to just come up later with pre-pre-alpha shots :) followed from pre-alpha shots its a way to keep ppl intrested but if they overdone it
    it can hit back hard

18. Did you miss the Inside Sim Racing interview with Gjon? That was only just over a month ago.

19. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

you have a link for that?