Rfactor 2 multiplayer lists content missing unable to join server

Hi when trying to join a multiplayer server the connection is refused and rfactor 2 lists the missing content needed to join, I was under the impression we could now join servers with partial content is there a setting/update I may have missed ? I have some of the cars and track purchased.

Hi when trying to join a multiplayer server the connection is refused and rfactor 2 lists the missing content needed to join, I was under the impression we could now join servers with partial content is there a setting/update I may have missed ? I have some of the cars and track purchased.

You still need to install the content you don't own. If you and the server are on the newest build, with all hotfixes, it should be a button to install the missing content (if it is DLC/Workshop).
You should see what content you don't have installed like this: (picture stolen from S397 forum, therefor, including a pointless red ring)
1678808560257.png

You go to "Content and settings" and "Manage content" there is a tab called "Store Content"

Find the cars you don't have installed in the list there and install them, and you should be good to go.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.