rFactor 2 | Ligier JS P217 Announced For December Release

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 developers Studio 397 have confirmed a third car will be heading to the simulation later this week, with the Dutch studio announcing the Ligier JS P217 will join the previous revealed Cadillac DPi and Corvette C8.R machines.
  • Ligier LMP 2 will be the third car of a three car pack.
  • Car pack set to release later this week.
  • Price and pack name yet to be revealed.

Yes, another new car has been revealed as set to be released for rFactor 2 later this week, with the Ligier JS P217 LMP2 machine set to form part of a three car DLC pack alongside the already announced Cadillac DPi-V.R and GTE specification Chevrolet Corvette C8.R that the studio showcased on social media over the last few days.

Cadillac Reveal: Click Here.
Corvette Reveal: Click Here.

The Ligier JSP 217 LMP2 is set to sit alongside the previously released Oreca 07 in the LMP 2 category of the simulation, joining together with both the upcoming DPi Cadillac and the GTE selection of cars (Ferrari, Porsche, Aston Martin and BMW) to form an ever-growing collection of multi-class racing vehicles within rFactor 2.

A release date and pack price for this new content has yet to be revealed by Studio 397, with more information expected to follow in the very near future.

Original Source: Studio 397 Twitter

rFactor 2 is available now exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Our community have answers! Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for a great way to engage with your fellow fans of the simulation.

Corvette 1.jpg

Cadillac 1.jpg

Last edited:
also some of the content can only be selected from certain modes in the ui.. if you can selected from the list view you will need to switch to shuffle... you may also need to re-select All tracks every time you switch between the modes.

I actually don't mind the new UI personally. I found it intuitive enough. Its just like most other modern UI's I use. Having said that, I play in VR and now I have this thin black outline which matches the exact "UI screen" perimeter edges that I can now see when driving. Its the edges of the UI screen actually in my driving View. Sure, I dont see it if I am looking directly ahead, but turn my head to the side (as you do when driving) and I can see the thin black outline.

This is in VR. Anyone else notice this? Its quite a bad distraction tbh.
Don't have that, but I do have the problem that my mouse pointer disappears when you hover over some of the buttons. like the settings gear wheel, or the exit button when I want to finish the game. All in all, it makes the new UI unusable for me in its present state. Three years in development, and over a year in Beta, and then stuff like this? It's beyond a joke, you couldn't make it up..
I've rolled back to the old UI again, might be ugly, but at least it works.

Last edited:
have you tried re-installing mouse driver? or May be try a second mouse. I seen
that issue in the old UI but not very often.
I've tried three different mice, and reinstalling the mouse drivers. It's definitely caused by rF2 in VR, using the new UI. I don't have any problems in any other game, whether in pancake mode or VR, and the mouse works normally in VR using the old UI.
If it walks like a duck, and smells like a duck, it must be a duck :)

Last edited:
Thanks for that. I have now reverted back to the old UI via the rf2 "Betas" tab of Steam. I think its still the latest version , just without new UI.
I bet they have their standard answer ready for all this "we are aware of the problem, it's on our to do list, but we don't know when it'll be fixed"
Worst customer support ever, zero feedback.

yes... the rectangle is it's a know issue... No idea if or when it will be fixed.

I did not noticed the rectangle before, is this new since the last update or as it been there for a while?

The new UI is not bad aesthetically, better than the old one, which looked dated even when it was new.
But, yes, for something on the work for so long, it is not stable. Still, I like it better than the old one.

Last edited:
I did not noticed the rectangle before, is this new since the last update or as it been there for a while?

The new UI is not bad aesthetically, better than the old one, which looked dated even when it was new.
But, yes, for something on the work for so long, it is not stable. Still, I like it better than the old one.

It was known in previous release apparently (Thanks Lazza).

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....ine-in-vr-showing-the-ui-border-ingame.67845/

Was supposed to be fixed "in next release" which it plainly isn't.. Famous last words :D

Last edited:
from S397 forum:
Try this.
Navigate to the folder
..\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Bin64
Rightclick on the rFactor2 Dedicated.exe and select create shortcut in the opening menu.
Rightclick on the shortcut and select properties.
In the field target, enter a space behind of the entry and then add +path=".." and click ok.
Doubleclick on the shortcut to start the server.
You can move the shortcut to wherever you want.

My guess the when you see in the new UI - select from the list and add it to favorites (add to favorite button should show up once you select it)

Does anyone consistently play Rf2 in VR. It offers the worst VR experience of all the major sims IMO. Curious if others have been able to make it work for them.
It runs well for me even on my slightly odd pc (3770k, 16 gb ddr3, 1080ti, ssd). I do however have to run low-mid settings and the sim struggles with any more than 12 ai for me on larger tracks. I am in need of an upgrade but that isn't in the cards anytime soon.

Honestly, for someone coming from rFactor and its derivatives back when rF2 came out the UI they had looked terrible but not too alien. The current "old-UI", while it wouldn't win any prizes, is very simple and fast to set up a session with the car and track and opponents you want. The new UI is the least intuitive UI I have experienced in simracing, while being much slower (animations) and requiring more steps to do most things. A good UI is one that you feel familiar and not lost in the moment you try it the first time. This is the exact opposite. Additional details like not all manufacturers having a logo is just laughable. And the most annoying thing is that it was hyped for 3+ years. Studio 397 provides good content (let's not talk about price this time), but if this is what they come up with after such a long development time I seriously doubt their competence to solve and improve other core issues. I seriously went from insta-buying the new pack because the cars are very interesting for me to simply waiting... Who knows when the old UI is gone for good...

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back