rFactor 2 FFB settings are unplayable.

quicksilver384

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #85
Hi.
I have spent over 1 hour messing with the FFB settings and is prety much unplayable.
I have looked at http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...-rfactor-2-force-ffb-very-strong-heavy.91900/ but does not make any difference.

I have the G27 and the FFB is really "notchy" for lack of a better term. I have trawled trhough google and nothing is helping, and to be honest nothing is even noticibaly different for my untill i try to turn the FFB multi up. less than 0.40 is notchy and more than 0.40 is far too strong. all I want is smooth FFB.

Please help.

p.s. This is the control panel settings i use in windows.

Attachments

• g27 settings.png
    g27 settings.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 697
p.s. This is the control panel settings i use in windows.

Most use these settings for all games in the logic profiler:
Logitech%20Profiler%20-zero%20spring_inline.jpg

- Overall strength: 100-110%
- Spring effect: 0 % ==> let the game controle this
- Damper effect: 0 % ==> let the game controle this (smoothing)
- Degree of rotation doesn't matter if you "allow game to adjust settings"
==> rF2 will use the in game "Vehicle set range"

- Untick: enable centering spring in Force feedback games (let the game controle this) or set it at 0%
- Tick: allow game to adjust settings. let the "in game vehicle set range controle your profiler"

Ingame:

Your FFB is heavily modified: I don't know what else is changed.
I recommend:
- Delete your modified controller.ini and player.son
- Start up rF2 again (it will create a new default controller.ini and new player.son)
- Assign your buttons again. And go racing... :)

Steering Rate - 1% ==> no effect on FFB (visual effect)
Speed sensitivity - 0% ==> no effect on FFB (visual effect)
FFB Type - Wheel ==> :thumbsup:
FFB Smoothing - 32 ==> Is damping ==> set it on 9 to start with.
FFB Multi - 0.01 ==> set it on 1.0 to start with ==> use the pedal plugin to monitor for digital clipping. Depends on the car. But 1.0 should be save to start with.
Vehicle set range - Yes ==> will only work if you tick "allow game to adjust settings" in the profiler
Min tourque - 0.0 ==> set it at 0,5% to start with...

100% steering sensitivity
0% clutch, brake and gas ==> set it on 100%
0% dead zone for all.

Note: turn off driving aids (Difficulty settings) Steering help etc will give a weird FFB feeling.
only use TC, ABS, and auto clutch if you want too.

Last edited:
Where do I find the right version of Spa.
I tried one but it looked horrendous !
Is there also a good modern Monza somewhere ?

What cars ?
Where do I sign up ?
http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...-23rd-october-2015.112336/page-4#post-2116412
Over 20 now and it will download once you log in. The modern Monza, probably check the FSR guys, they use one. Yeah some of the tracks aren't ac or pcars so you have to tweak your options to get it to look better but then it can still look a bit iffy.

Where do I find the right version of Spa.
I tried one but it looked horrendous !
Is there also a good modern Monza somewhere ?

What cars ?
Where do I sign up ?

Just login to the server and click on "get missing components", everything you'll need will download and install for you. So you'll never have to look horrendous for a track or track version.
If you haven't have the cars or track. It will download everything. it's ... a lot (a few Gb) and it will take a while. But once downloaded it's there for you to enjoy. Even if you uninstall the content. It will remain as package in your packages folder.

The server password is available for all premium members. (Server costs :coffee: money, sorry about that)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.