rFactor 2 DX11 - what is the must have content

Dirk Steffen

Porsche Factory Jackass™
Premium
rFactor 2 has been languished hardly ever used in my Steam library until the McLaren 650S GT3 and DX11 was available.
I am using 99% of the time Assetto Corsa and enjoy especially modern endurance sports car racing on current racetracks.

I had a first try of rF2 with the DX11 beta and the McLaren 650S GT3 (I am so happy I purchased the mystery GT3 pack and cannot wait for more content to appear on the quality level of the McLaren 650S GT3) and I must say I was quite surprised by the quality sleeping underneath.
I have filled a full grid with GT3 mod cars and drove the McLaren on Bathurst, Estoril and Paul Ricard - these tracks are exceptionally well made and a great experience when directly compared with Assetto Corsa content.

… but to my question:
There is currently a very large variety of mod content available for rFactor 2 - both here at RD and within the Steam Workshop.
I have tried over the weekend endless track and car variations and mostly was very, very negatively surprised by the large variation in quality from very old, many times ported tracks to highly detailed current mods.

What would be the most current content to use with rFactor 2 DX11 exclusively from a perspective of a long time Assetto Corsa user?

I absolutely LOOOOOOVE the time progression, weather capabilities, large grids and more complete racing features of rFactor, coming from Assetto Corsa (animated track marshals and proper flag system with safety car and rolling starts, yay!).
My goal would be to collect a current set of GT tracks in quality at least on par with the three tracks named above (and hope to complete a full calendar of current WEC, Blaincpain, IMSA, …).

Some of the important tracks I just could not find a good quality version that matches current track layout and supports DX11 (Silverstone, Nürburgring, Spa to name just a few).
Can I assume that when tracks are not available via Workshop, there are not available at all?

Hi Dirk,

There's quite a few good tracks linked here:

https://simracing-gp.net/rFactor2/tracks

Not going to say all are top notch, but most have been picked based on good community feedback and some experience in some of the league races that's been run on the site.

I will leave it up to you to pick out the ones most suitable to your Endurance liking.
Also a few league and "open" races on Simracing-gp, feel free to join.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back