1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured rFactor 2: Build 1036 Released

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Thomas Hinss, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Thomas Hinss

Thomas Hinss
    Aussie Commentator and Writer Staff

logo_white_4x3.jpg As we close in on the end of 2015, rFactor 2 has received a new build in version 1036.

The main purpose of the update was focused on fixing bugs with the game as well as adding and adjusting options for modding and public development.

Features
    • Made the pit menu wing adjustments use the same display value as the garage.

Fixes
    • Fixed idiot light when vehicle rev limit is smaller while in neutral.
    • Attempted fix for laps sometimes being lost on a race rejoin.
    • Fixed a crash when starting ded server if borderless mode was previously selected
    • Fixed a problem where the wrong port was used to tell Steam friends about the server you are on.
    • Removed the condition that only non-demos can change the opponent list.
    • Fix for “join as spectator” problem.
    • PLR value “MULTI Safety Car Collidable” (used for multiplayer) now works; previously only “GPRIX Safety Car Collidable” (used for single player) was fixed.
    • Fixed occasional ‘missing gears’ problem.

Modding / Public Development
    • Increased size of some mas2 dialogs
    • Added a confirmation before deleting all waypoints in mod mode.
    • Added delete next/prev to selected waypoint menu.
    • Changed “delete branch” to only require single waypoint selected.
    • Slightly raised the line showing where the AI is aim to make it more likely to be above the track surface.

What are your impressions of the new build? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2015
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Steve Bird

Steve Bird
    Racing Since 1978 Premium Member

It's been on Steam for over a month now? The workshop has been filling up nicely with mods and tracks as well.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Tume

Tume
    The unlucky Finn

Idiot light? :D Must've been a real idiot then.

That's a new one for me. Thanks, Urban Dictionary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Maybe now after the Steam release more modders will turn the rF2 way after all. It may not look as fancy as the younger crop of sims, but its physics and the FFB are definitely top notch.
    It is finally the time to populate it with more content.

5. If you put a ton of PP effects rF2 would look the same as AC :D
    In my PC they both look very close if you turn off the PP menu and use high or medium track detail (on full AC has a lot more detail than rF2 but those aren't details I'll see while driving so I don't care at all). The main difference is the grayish look in rF2 but on the other hand AC colors gives me headaches especially the red

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  6. ---

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  7. Agreed, run AC's Nords in rf2, and if wasn't for the the drive difference, you'd think your playing AC.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. I would love to if I could find it!

9. I didn't really mean AC, to be honest :) Personally, I like the looks of that sim the least. I'd say Dirt Rally is the best when it comes to the looks (the audio part of it is very good as well).
    Also, apart from the shadows I don't have a problem with rF2's looks anyway. Not going to use any filters and such. And wouldn't say they save AC a slightest bit from looking dull.

How do you exactly "run AC's Nords in rF2"? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I'm not a fan of it either. Just saying rF2 can be changed with PP injectors. My only dislike on rF2 visual is the grayish look in the HDR and the smoke/rain effect. If they fix that would be awesome.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Toymoi

Toymoi
    Premium Member

when I put extreme rain. I can not see the drops. Do I have something misconfigured? I do not know when it starts to rain because I can not see the drops fall.

I have recently bought rFactor2.

12. Thomas Hinss

Thomas Hinss
    Aussie Commentator and Writer Staff

How low are your "effects" graphics set to? If you have them too low I think the game makes the rain drops invisible to improve performance.

13. Toymoi

Toymoi
    Premium Member

I see it as the photo. I can not see the drops on the windshield. I can not know when it starts raining.

[​IMG]

this is implemented in the game? raindrops on the windshield.
    [​IMG]

14. There is a setting "Rain Drops Yes/No" in the menu, be sure to have it on yes.
    As Thomas said the special effects setting can make rain drops not appear.
    No rain drops on windshield yet. It was present in the very early beta so maybe there is hope

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 3

15. I don't believe that 2nd screenshot is from RF2, looks like pCars to me with those puddles.

16. Toymoi

Toymoi
    Premium Member

Thanks for the answers. The second photo is of Project CARS. I put the photo as an example.

• Like Like x 1
  17. LuigiV6huesca

LuigiV6huesca
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Mod Edit: RaceDepartment is an English speaking website. When posting on public message boards, please use only the English language. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  18. LuigiV6huesca

LuigiV6huesca
    @ Simberia @Simberia

For track please visit my facebook profile do you like ?like up,Nordscheleife for rFactor 2
    Available , Mega permanently,
    For friends RaceDepartment

luigi.martinez facebook

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  19. LuigiV6huesca

LuigiV6huesca
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Sorry

20. LuigiV6huesca

LuigiV6huesca
    @ Simberia @Simberia

How do you exactly "run AC's Nords in rF2"? :)[/QUOTE]