1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured rFactor 2: Apex Modding 1999 LeMans Previews

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

99 lm 3.jpg
    Apex Modding have released some details of their upcoming mod for Image Space Incorporated’s rFactor 2 software, a recreation of some of the cars that competed in the 1999 Le Mans 24 hour race.

Based on the VirtualLM F1 Challenge mod, Apex are dramatically reworking many of the models to bring them up to the standards expected of the current generation of racing sims, and will also be creating scratch built content such as the BMW LMR shown above.

Somewhat of a departure from the standard closed top GT3 style cars Apex have been producing lately, this surprise reworking of the historic Le Man prototypes will be a welcome addition to rFactor 2's slowly growing list of car and track modifications.

No further details are available at this time, however RaceDepartment will continue to track progress of this mod and bring you more details when they become available.

To help you pass the time while you wait for this new content, why not check out the RaceDepartment Downloads section of the website and see if you can find something to tickle your fancy?

With an ever increasing number of Endurance modifications coming to rFactor 2 recently, will you be interested to drive these historic GT cars when they release? Let us know in the comments section below?
    99 lm 1.png 99 lm 2.jpg 99 lm 4.jpg 99 lm 5.jpg 99 lm 6.jpg 99 lm 7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Really wouldn't mind some of that old BMW V12.

3. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner
    Germany's greatest Indycar Fan. Staff Premium Member

I have very fond memories of watching Le Mans 1999 on TV as a kid... I also had a Le Mans 1999 quartet card game.
    This is right up my alley :)

4. Oscar Hardwick

Oscar Hardwick
    RDTCC S9 Champion Premium Member

Isn't the picture shown above the article of the Nissan?

5. guess im gonna have to download rfactor 2 again.

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

I managed to source a copy of the RSDG Sportscar mod for GSCE a few months back. An excellent mod and great fun. The models of the cars haven't aged as much as I thought they would (detail wise!)

This is a great sounding mod and '99 was another period in time when LMP and GT fields were at their peak. Will be interesting to see how varied the field is and how many cars they produce.

7. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner
    Germany's greatest Indycar Fan. Staff Premium Member

I think he was referring to this [​IMG]

8. Why not apex gt3 1.0 before?

9. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel
    RedShift Racing Staff Premium Member

To see and be able to drive the first Audi LMP (R8R) would be like a dream come true! :inlove: I really hope that it'll (eventually) be included as part of this mod!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Yeah as Tobias said above I was referring to that BMW, but the image on the top of the piece was edited before sending to the front page :D Oooops ;)

11. Once the textures are done to do it justice, and the car has the material settings/cubemaps all done, it will look damn sexy

12. Keith_G

Keith_G
    Premium Member

Love driving these cars so, yes, I will definitely look forward to this mod. Really enjoying RF2 lately and especially with the FlatSix mod and the Ferrari challenge! This will be an excellent addition to the game. Many Thanks to Apex Team!!

13. That's a great news!!!
    And now, I'm dreaming : 1997 and 1998 Le Mans cars, with the complete grid for each year.
    My final wish :)

14. Is this still alive?