rF_HighVoltage not working

Hi,

I have downloaded and installed rF_HighVoltage v1.5 beta 3 rev 1 but I cannot get the DRS to work. Whenever I try to open it, I get the DRS disabled noise. During races, the "DRS | Ready" part of the GUI is replaced by "MALFUNCTION". The KERS appears the be working. I have also tried installing rF_HighVoltage v1.4.3, but I got the same result.

When I run the in programme test function, it said that rFactor is not original and provided a download link. The link is no longer available.

I have followed the instructions to add the required lines to GDB and RFM files.

Any idea what the problem is and how to fix it?

Thanks

Use the DVD .exe of rFactor.
Don't use the .exe's that come with RFT2012.

Map DRS key in rfDynHUD to Keyboard H key. In the editor section. Input bindings window.
You need Java JRE6.0 to get it working. I had to to get the editor window to work.
Map DRS key in rfDynHUD to Keyboard H key.
Map Kers key to TempBoost. (under global)

In rFactor map DRS to H key.
Kers to K key under TempBoost.

In rf_HV1.5 window under options select "internal" for the Headlights being switched for DRS.
Do not select H key for the switch.
I only got it working with "internal" selected.

Whatever car mod you are using be sure the .rfm file for it has the rf_HighVoltage lines of script added to it at the bottom. If not copy it from the HV1.5 folder.

I have this working in Windows10.
I use the DVD .exe and it works like a charm.
I tried the RFT .exe's and had no luck.

Back up your RF folder before you try all of this.
It is wise to do and worth the time to copy paste your rf folder to safety.
It saved my 1000+ hour editing effort installs from being destroyed.

I've read every tutorial and website that offers help and half of it was arse backward so beware what you read. I recently went through this myself and was joyed when I got it to work.
rf_HV will pass all the tests when the .exe and else is put right.
Took me 5 days of reading and trying everything over and over till I finally got it right.
Not an easy Mod by any means but soo worth it when it works!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back