rF2 Special Events: Get Your Le Mans Fix Here!

20766193714_70a6df3566_h.jpg

With the 24 Hours of Le Mans on everyone's minds we've created some other opportunities for you to find your endurance fix.

"Another year, another June, which can only mean one thing... it's time for Le Mans! And at RaceDepartment this in turn means that it's time for an rFactor 2 Club "Special Event", and about time too!" - Daiman Patel​

In fact we have two "Special Events" heading your way in both the EU and AU timezones, with our clubs hitting the head on the hammer with the lack of and Endurance Series this year at RaceDepartment. Both clubs are setting up race events for you to take part in, alone or even with a friend!

European Endurance Racing - Friday 15th June 19:20GMT

CLUB RACING Flyer.png

In the European Club a 90 minute multiclass event will be heading out onto the Le Mans circuit using the epic EnduRacers LMP3 and GTE machines. The 90 minute race has no mandatory driver change - although this is still optional. You can take part in this event on Friday 15th June (in place of our weekly and popular GTE Friday). Qualifying will commence at 19:20GMT, with spots filling up, so be sure to confirm your place in the race here right now!

Australian Endurance Racing - Sunday 1st July 19:45AEST

lmp2.jpg
Down under in the fantastic Australian Club events, from the wonderful Tony and Jamie, who have been organising a special 2 Hour race around the 1991-1996 Le Mans circuit in the LMP2's from EnduRacers. "Grab a co-driver and take on the challenge of 2 hours at one of the iconic tracks in the world." A mandatory driver swap will create an interesting "sprint" endurance event around the historical layout of a track soaked in history (and oil). With qualifying commencing at 19:45AEST (9:45GMT) on Sunday 1st July, be sure to sign up now, by heading over to this wonderful thread.

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch

RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you think about the special events? Are you going to be taking part in them? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
We run weekly events in the GTE machines, and there have been no issues.

check that thread, this bug appears in some special conditions not only in LeMans, can be easily reproduced, lower your wings, adjust gearbox and try to go more than 290kmh and Vette and Porsche will crash the game (blow the tires). There are some videos in the thread which are showing the issue. Just check it and try it by yourself to be sure.

Again, @Fuzo we have not seen the issue ourselves, and we are not changing to pay mods for a single "special event". This is a one off event for some fun. If people are experiencing the issues in practice, they will know to change car :)

that's OK mate, I don't want you to change mods, I just want to warn you about this issue because it appeared in our community. Unfortunately our admins decided to change whole GTE part for URD. I was really sad because I was quite well prepared for the race with BMW :)
4r0Bt6BsEAs2S6yq19btcFzBlxInF9_4l53sB-ndkGrx1iv5DE9A75uSM5kS7NVGeAXxEEeSWmDiHvpej-005GRYc0Z0s7G5zjcfqNLtc4-YyQOigTxH3XRaWS00eNXkY9cwR-WHXTFtaaB_SvOmdAWx3Dwpn8Q1CFykVF-gFD1dybVjz2vTOjrVaw1E11DxBUH7WvBxBU8QMoTS3i3rJuwY9VPpySyQNsdM49DZKynDErHLEBfflD9i2k4BT4WlSbVwaJ10EBADJFdu_rv8pI1Ywq6zUkjqJ9b1FRpZIQ_YYSkEV-hpsSIXoIaFdtQh-5a5Rbuu511UD_eCCHAAIvUHQa8CDvSDLAtKdLUYvN2OT0RbUa_xgjWvH9sUhNCex_nUxonmhmDpgJ4FapVBI6lEo8DeDPMOn7NahFshewUK4MOJKBVqgqtQdKfonfAnrpT-euwwdkUWDKArVD7It7vX3y9qZJq2OYLhC-YS232NsM_bxiXez7QUixQgZn7ISmK3WixbEPhnivFa_WE59-FpVD2L6kFz1eAVCnzN_V0xz3P4Itu50NgRjiEKXbKq358nA74aHJqqGIxfnQhffyulQm3iiYK5m6cfVsA=w1677-h943-no

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back