RF2 now running with ARC

Rfactor2 now runs spectacularly with Intel ARC Alchemist A770, after the newest 31.0.101.4090 beta driver release.
Up until yesterday when I installed the driver, it would launch from STEAM... get all the way to the end of the 100% track loading screen and then simply drop back to the desktop.
It was the only title of the lot I could not run.
I am a 'tinkerer' so despite cards like the RTX3060Ti and 6600XT being initially announced as faster, better options, I went with an A770-16GB.
The new drivers have gone unnoticed by many but have largely pushed that ARC card past those two now.... in sheer performance and smoothness.
The card has proven extremely stable for me.
It still exhibits a bit of 'wonkiness' (in my case)...where I can only manually install drivers from the zip file (the .exe driver installer has crashed my computer every time I have tried it).
That said....I can now run all titles.... ACC, AC, AMS, AMS2, RRE, GTR2, GTR Evolution, Race07 and now finally RF2.
All are smooth as silk.
Buying that card is turning out to be one very good decision.

Good the card works for you, but I read somewhere that the Intel card consumes
a lot of power, more than 40 W when idle, and that's absurd. First sim racer I see
with an Intel card. Out of curiosity, you could check the consumption with the
program MSI Afterburner in-game and when desktop idle.

Good the card works for you, but I read somewhere that the Intel card consumes
a lot of power, more than 40 W when idle, and that's absurd. First sim racer I see
with an Intel card. Out of curiosity, you could check the consumption with the
program MSI Afterburner in-game and when desktop idle.
I don't have Afterburner.
I've also seen the 40 watt idle state with previous drivers....(haven't checked with newest drivers).
I don't get too concerned about 40 watts.
I have a direct drive wheel, a WMR headset and a whole host of other electronic equipment gadgets associated with simracing.
That is just another consumer.
As to the card...it is faster and much smoother than I expected.
I can turn up everything and still have no stutter.
That is good levels of performance for a $349 card.

Last edited:
What resolution? rFactor 2 then with maxed out details? what FPS are you getting?

MSI Afterburner is a free program, you can test it if interested in checking FPS, consumption and temperatures - they are shown onscreen in real time.

Never use MSI Afterburner as a VR-user because it's causing severe framedrops in VR with Nvidia-cards making VR unplayable. Even uninstalling it doesn't solve the issue and I had to revert the Nvidia Controll settings to fix it. It took several years till someone found that out and I've tried all kinds of tricks before that were not working. If you want to check thermals and wattage, just run CPUID HWMonitor instead.

Last edited:
I am considering the A770 but am tempted by the A750's price... But the memory of the A770 is a bonus for longevity I'd think.

Curious if you've tried iracing or Dirt Rally 2.0?

What monitor setup and resolution do you run?

I am considering the A770 but am tempted by the A750's price... But the memory of the A770 is a bonus for longevity I'd think.

Curious if you've tried iracing or Dirt Rally 2.0?

What monitor setup and resolution do you run?
Never ran I-racing and don't own DR2.0 but I own AC, ACC, RF, RF2, AMS, AMS2, RRE, GTL, GTR2, GTR Evolution.
I'm currently on a single 144Hz panel at 1920 x 1080 @144 Hz.
I typically run on a G2.
To date, every title I have, runs extremely well..
RF2 was the only sim I had any issues with.
It would launch and go through all the screens including the track loading.
It'd then fall back to the desktop once track loading reached100%.
It now runs correctly starting from 4090 beta onward.

I am considering this card as well because of the very positive reviews i see lately and performance videos compared to other cards on the market. The prices of some cards are still crazy and this one ticks a lot of boxes including price at similar performance for what i see.

However there is no gameplays with this card on sim-racing titles. Furthermore, most gameplays are testing at 1080p or using AMD cpus, and even sometimes Rebar Off or motherboards with no pcie4.

Can you give some information about how it performs at 1440p and which kind of computer do you have? I would argue that it performs way better with an Intel CPU and a newer generation motherboard since this card is quite new and therefore probably developed with the new technologies coming in mind.

I am considering this card as well because of the very positive reviews i see lately and performance videos compared to other cards on the market. The prices of some cards are still crazy and this one ticks a lot of boxes including price at similar performance for what i see.

However there is no gameplays with this card on sim-racing titles. Furthermore, most gameplays are testing at 1080p or using AMD cpus, and even sometimes Rebar Off or motherboards with no pcie4.

Can you give some information about how it performs at 1440p and which kind of computer do you have? I would argue that it performs way better with an Intel CPU and a newer generation motherboard since this card is quite new and therefore probably developed with the new technologies coming in mind.

What resolution? rFactor 2 then with maxed out details? what FPS are you getting?

MSI Afterburner is a free program, you can test it if interested in checking FPS, consumption and temperatures - they are shown onscreen in real time.
I don't generally overclock any of my GPUs, so I tend to not download tools I will never use.
I will however capture some gameplay with OBS later today and drop it in the media section.

I've stuck a few ARC A770-16 game footage videos in the media section over the past few weeks....mostly AC.
I'm running an AMD R5-5600x on an MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC motherboard....so PCI-e 3.0 not PCI-e 4 or 5.
I run 1080P on a 144Hz panel but mostly sim race under WMR (Hp Reverb).

Last edited:
Just to chime in.
Instead of Msi afterburner (where you'd need to configure an overlay for rtss (riva tuner statistics server) to have the in game overlay):

Just download the portable version of HWINFO64.
It doesn't change anything and only reads out sensors.
It tracks min/max/avg too.

Just download it, extract the zip, start the 64 bit exe and then select "sensors only" in the launcher.

The "clock symbol" in the bottom right resets the min/max/avg.
Maybe you could start it, launch rF2 and then reset it.
Drive some laps, quit rF2, wait a minute and then take a screenshot.

This way the avg will be pretty much "an average gaming session", while the min will show the idle consumption.

Don't be overwhelmed by all the sensors. Somewhere you'll find the gpu stuff.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back