rf2 in-car vibration/shake unbearable.

I cannot seem to find a solution to stop/limit in-car cockpit vibration/shake. In rF1, i could change vibration magnitude in veh., cockpit file. I tried changing vibration magnitude multiplier in player.json file, but that didnt help. Im currently driving DW12 indycar. Need help

Ralf, ive tried that also. I also changed the multiplier for vehicle vibration multiplier to zero & still having same issue. When i drive DW12 indycar @ bathurst, the cockpit vibration before turn 2 leading uphill is very dis-oreintating.

Does anyone here use AMS as well (presumably!). What RealHeadMotion settings for the rF2 plug-in would mimic AMS at its default settings?

The HeadPhysics line in the AMS PLR file seems to work as expected and I really like the result at the default of 0.5. The same HeadPhysics line in the rF2 JSON file does almost nothing. The difference between 0.0 and 1.0 is very little. But on my default JSON file setup, it is very tame. Exactly the opposite of the sea sickness or jolting that is reported here. There is very muted effect even at 100% or 1.0. Maybe there is a different setting affecting it? If having trouble, try deleting the PLAYER.JSON file (keep a copy) and let the game create a new one. See if that makes a difference.

In the meantime, if someone knows the RealHeadMotion plug-in well and can save me hours of experimenting, I would appreciate knowing the settings that would be equivalent to AMS out of the box.

Thanks in advance.

These are the ingame settings for the head motion.
GRAB_023.jpg

These are the ingame settings for the head motion.
View attachment 131959

Thanks, Gijs, but you know I am not a newbie. I am asking how to replicate AMS default Head Physics (0.5 default and only accessible via the .PLR file) with the RealHeadMotion plug-in for rF2. It certainly cannot be replicated by using the UI in rF2 and may not even be possible to replicate it with the plug-in--because the rF2 settings have been reduced/muted by a huge factor.

It's only the Head Physics line in AMS. This has nothing to do with look ahead or exaggerated yaw (neither of which I would choose to use).

Lastly, the person starting this thread has the opposite problem! They have too much motion!?!?! There is something very strange going on in rF2 that seems to be sorted perfectly, with one single adjustment, in AMS.

Hoping someone here uses the plugin and knows all about it, rF2 and AMS.

Had to stop due to crazy vibrations in my steering wheel although I don’t think I had flat spots. It started gradually until it wasn’t bearable and shaking my whole rig (which is very sturdy)

I think I reduced dampening in my ffb some time ago, could it be related? I know you should feel flat spots but this just fell different.

Had to stop due to crazy vibrations in my steering wheel although I don’t think I had flat spots. It started gradually until it wasn’t bearable and shaking my whole rig (which is very sturdy)

I think I reduced dampening in my ffb some time ago, could it be related? I know you should feel flat spots but this just fell different.
That sure does sound like flat spotting feedback. Test it with a car that has ABS. Like the GT3 cars. Turn off ABS in the menus and assign buttons to increase/decreas ABS & ABS Cut.
Once in the car turn those up to their highest setting then start driving as close as you can to how your normally drive. If the vibration persists, you may have an issue, if you cannot recreate that vibration, you are flatspotting the tire.
Motec(if you know how to use it) should also be able to show if a tire has flatspotted.

The Indycar flat spots very easily and becomes very hard to drive. Easy on the brakes. When I started using it, I thought it was broken....it was user error. Also Indycar at Bathurst may not be the best combo....I might try it though!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back