• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

RF2 experience with G920 wheel

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Lars Rystedt, May 9, 2017.

1. Lars Rystedt

Lars Rystedt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +289
    Anyone with a Logitech G920 wheel and have experience configuring it in RF2?
    It seems other have a similar issue with but someone must have a solution of some sorts?

The issue I have is that no matter what wheel range and lock I choose, hardly anything is happening. I can't even get out of the garage with full wheel turn without almost hitting the pit crew and then hitting the curb. The Ferrari GT3 have a garage wheel-range and lock setting of 480/12 which is maximum. In Settings it's car default 480.
    Changing from 900 degrees in Logitech profiler to 480 does nothing, changing in-game setting to any other number does nothing at all.
    I've tried with Steering Sensitivity and Steering Rate without any noticable difference.

But on the other hand;

The little Clio which have a wheelrange and lock of 900/30, ingame settings of 900 (set by game) works perfectly. It turns when I turn and not as the all other cars, a long lazy turn into what ever is beside the track.

The profiler to G920 is nothing alike G25/G27 so a comparison between those are of no use I believe. But there must be someone with a G920 that got this working???

2. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +384
    A quick google search suggests this is still a problem identified a year ago for the G920.

3. thepharcyde

thepharcyde

Ratings:
    +69
    Do they share the same software as the G29 that I use, that is fine

4. Lars Rystedt

Lars Rystedt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +289
    @Emery Yes i know, but all G920 users cant have given up?

@thepharcyde I believe it does but theres is now difference if I change wheel range in the profiler.

When I tried the Clio for the club event I thought I had done something right somewhere, but it seems just be a fluke it works well on that car.
    I wouldnt mind digging and changing config files if I just knew what and where to look for it