rF2: Autodromo di Mores Updated to V1.6

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Autodromo di Mores v1.6 Update.jpg

Image Space Incorporated have released a substantial update to the Mediterranean themed racetrack, Autodromo di Mores.

Version 1.6 brings a number of updates and enhancements to the original circuit, including a thorough reworking of the AIW aimed at providing a better offline racing experience, updated balancing of the track colours and new 4K textures.

Other changes for version 1.6 include fixes for occasional floating shadows within the pit area and misplaced track cut warnings.

Version 1.6 is available to download now.

Changelog
  • TDF updated to actual standards
  • New HD Track Loader
  • Fixed a terrain mesh triangle causing a black patch.
  • Fixed Tire Canvas not tagged as light receiver
  • Fixed main Starting Light Overhang Z fight
  • Fixed missing caps on main Overhang
  • Fixed some mesh shadows groups assignation
  • Fixed floating shadows in pitlane when using low shadows settings
  • Fixed unwanted cut warnings
  • Fixed Sewers mapping
  • Fixed Asphalt bicolor patch edges to match crackle decals
  • Fixed Verges mapping
  • A tad more saturation for all Grass Textures
  • Terrain maps now in 4K version
  • Green Defender Barrier; Fresnel Specular smoothed out to avoid edgy/glitchy speculars
  • Vegetation; a tad more luma for all tree/bush textures
  • Cones; a tad less sat/luma for albedo map
  • Tweaked specular for different asphalts
  • Stripes specular tune to match reference
  • Added Test Team RRBINs
  • AIW various improvements
  • Added more side cams.
  • All roads updated to latest RealRoad shader
  • All roads remapped
  • gMotor Normals export for all mesh
  • Material optimization and matballs cleaning
  • Overall texture tweaking to balance the HDR output
  • Applied random VC in the vegetation color palette, for all trees.
  • Glass optimization to work a tad better with actual Static
  • Fixed outer terrain overlapped vertices causing black patches

The rFactor 2 forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for news, discussions and the latest mods for ISI's premium racing simulation. Join in the conversation today and discuss rFactor 2 with your fellow sim racing enthusiasts.

Our RD rF2 Racing Club is back and in full swing. With the popular RDLMS multiclass events held on Friday's and Saturday's attracting nice grids, it's never been a better time to come and join in the fun. Check out the rF2 Racing Club forum for more details.

Have you tried the updated track yet? What do you think of the improvements? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
It was announced a few years ago with the DW12, I think they were planning on doing the Mazda Road to Indy vehicle list USF2000, Star Mazda and Indy Lights. I could be wrong but i think that's what i remember reading.

It's not released yet but don't hold your breath... The Super GT Nissan has been teased for almost 2 years now, but i have faith in ISI. Whenever they do release a Car/Track its top quality and its always worth waiting for :)

• Deleted member 130869

Can anyone do a side-by-side video with original Mores release? The atmosphere and colors seem to have followed the trend of the updated tracks :(.

Can anyone do a side-by-side video with original Mores release? The atmosphere and colors seem to have followed the trend of the updated tracks :(.

Not really that much obvious difference in anything in the screenshots I took, the only clear difference I can spot is the specular reflections from pit building windows and guardrails.

Attachments

• Mores_original.jpg
    Mores_original.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 426
  • Mores_updated.jpg
    Mores_updated.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 462
Last edited:
I agree, Gui. Somewhere between core updates and latest track art, I think it lost some of its visual impact. Either that or I've become a little jaded.

On the other hand, it's not bad track art... just not as remarkable as I recall from the first experience with it, back in the 32-bit days and it had the highest density of artwork because of small size.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.