1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

REVIEW: DSD Short Throw Pro Sequential

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Barry Rowland, Jul 7, 2014.

1. This shifter has been reviewed a few times already, but it's never been through a Sim Racing Garage review. So, let's see how it did! I have added links to different segments in the review in case you don't want to watch the whole review at one sitting.

Intro: ]

A Look Inside:

Driving the Shifter:

Final Thoughts:
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. You sir, are on a roll :)
  3. I love the tear down parts of your videos Barry..!!

Gives real perspective on what makes it tick and build quality..
  4. Wow, these reviews are, in lack of a better word, definite!
    You watch and you're done, nothing else, short of trying for yourself, is needed to decide!

I do have a question though.
    Did I understand correctly that there is no "click" feel when shifting? Its a smooth motion 'till you hit the stop?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Just realised something, Barry. You have a very soothing and deep voice, a lot like the famous wet-in-wet painter Bob Ross had:

And thanks for your review!
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  6. RIP Bob.

Another outstanding review from Barry.
  7. Yes, a smooth short throw with the resistance increasing a bit as the spring goes through it's stroke and you hit the threaded bar stop.

This is unlike the ARC which has a definite feel of pushing a synchronizer to change a gear. Hard resistance at first and then a break through feeling like you are seating the next gear in output shaft. Personally, I much prefer this feeling. But that feeling is gonna cost ya!

I consider that a complement! I really liked Bob's shows.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Boby Kim

Boby Kim
    There is no spoon... Premium Member

Awesome review Barry! Got one myself having huge centre play in its centre position. The unit works good but as said it moves about 5 mm 360 degrees when centered. With this vid i hope i can solve the problem.