Resolved racing guidelines

David Turnbull

PrestoGP Veteran
can i just bring something up, the cutting of the pit exit line, its a line everyone has always used at spa, a bit like the pit entry line at interlagos, we had agreed in past seasons that the pit exit at spa was so big and so *in view* to anyone coming through eau rouge that we would adjust according to the situation i.e if someone is coming out of the pit lane we stay left.

am i getting the wrong bit here?

do you mean people respecting the white line when leaving the pits or us crossing the line when on a lap, if you notice in f1 they cross the line regularly when making passes or to gain laptime, monza being the most recent example of passing using the pit exit line into turn 1, now if we are talkin about respecting the white line when leaving the pits, thats a diffrent story and i feel id have to pick on you for that one :roflmao: no but the 100% ive always thought was when leaving the pits, i 100% respect that rule at all times.

well its good that its brought up anyway because now we can obviously set the precident for the future, with spa exit id say its the oncoming (driver coming through eau rouge) responsibility to check that the pit exit is clear, if the way is clear then using the pit exit line shouldnt be any problem, in fact it could help overtaking into les combes.

if the way is not clear (a driver is exiting the pits) then its clear that the oncoming driver should stay left, but the driver exiting the pits has the responsibility of not crossing the pit exit line into the path of the oncoming driver.

you could probably put this into better words nico but that would be my understanding, alot like other places too like monaco, the driver on track retains most responsibility for acknowledging a driver is leaving the pits, but the 100% no pit exit line cutting when leaving the pits should avoid most if not all incidents.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back