Replace Pace Car

Hi all,

I recently found a pace car I liked and I wanted to use it as a DEFAULT Pace Car for every single race. Is there a way to do this?
Hi, Shalon001!

So, you can make a pace car for each circuit, but from what I've tested, because I wanted to do the same thing some time ago, the thing has to be manual... There is no way to make a single default that meets each clue. And this has to be done by the . MAS. I even read in some post that you can direct the . rFm so it reads the texture open, but I don't remember what it's like... then I do the textures or swap the mesh by compressing into the . MAS corresponding to the pace car that is in the Vehicles/PeaceCar folder... The directory that recognizes this . MAS it is in the . rFm corresponding to your mod right at the top of the header... in mine it looks like this:

// Game/Season Info:

Mod Name = CTDP F1 2005

Track Filter = *

Vehicle Filter = CTDPF1_2005

SafetyCar = MER_SLSAMG.veh

The yellow part is what you drive in your pace car.

So what you have to do is use MASTOOLS and take out the pace car and its original texture and rotate your pace car and its corresponding texture... From there you rename the directory of the . rFm, quoted above and it's done. If you want to then apply other templates or other textures you have to do the same operation on a new . MAS with the same name as the previous one and leave it reserved in another folder. When you want to use this other template on another track, just swap that file; that is, manual labor for every change you want to make...

Hugs

Attachments

• Pace Car blue.jpg
    Pace Car blue.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Pace Car red.jpg
    Pace Car red.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Im not sure I understand. I want to add this pace car to the game: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1v8JmteBjO74Kc9jly63J51Nbx8KoVUns?usp=drive_link
How do I add it? Do I need to add it to a track, a car series, or what?
Man, at first, really, when I installed the car didn't go in... So, I dug through the archive. VEH and I saw several items that were strange to me, some were redundant: two directories . cam; Two Sounds directories and others more... I removed some of those lines then and renamed the class type and also the category and the car appeared. I'm sending you this file (https://mega.nz/file/sBUWkbyC#VgL4oqn76vyonBBm5sfef8HA6E7mJfbolO-UBx8c_8k). You remove the original (which was even inside the Teams folder and it should be next to all the other files, at least that's how I find the cars organized) and put what I'm sending you.

Don't forget to find the . rFm that is in the rFm folder and put the directory with the name of the new car (WECSafety) where I already mentioned in the previous post, in the yellow letters!!!

By the way: you know you have to put the Porsche folder in the folder that is in that directory, right?! C:XXXX\rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\XXXX\PaceCar

Well, the proof that this works is in the image I'm uploading; thanks for the car, I already have a new Pace Car!!!

Oh yes, notice the image that there's a steering wheel next to the car... it must be out of place, then calmly I see if I get ready... and, yes, something else: I've never seen the Pace Car riding on the track at any time... I don't know anything about it, I don't know if it depends on some configuration and I don't even know if it actually gets on the track, but if it does, I don't know if it's functional anymore... I don't know about it.

Give me news if you made it or not, okay?!

Attachments

• Porsche PaceCar.jpg
    Porsche PaceCar.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 28
It won't appear for me for some reason. I'm using the DTM 2022 Mod. I changed the safety car in the rFm file, added the car to the Vehicles/dtm2022 folder and changed its class to be "dtm_2022". I keep getting the default Audi SafetyCar in the DTM_2022 mod. Pls help, idk what I'm doing wrong.

Hi, Shalon001!

Well... Let's go step by step... I imagine you then changed the rFm:

SafetyCar = WECSafety

Then he took the folder of this car and poured it into the Vehicles/PaceCar folder and not the Vehicles folder, as you mentioned, maybe in a distracted way, right?! If you put in the Vehicles folder there is an error, but I think you were just wrong to say that, after all you must have put in the PaceCar folder, right?! Well... Then you downloaded the file I sent you by Mega, the . VEH, and 1. just put it in the folder (Vehicles/PaceCar/Porsche_991turbo) or 2. replaced what's in the Team subfolder (Vehicles/PaceCar/Porsche_991turbo/Team), right?! That is, either of the two options lead to the car appearing in the game. But if you changed the file I sent you, changing the class, for example... Therein lies the error! Do not change anything in the file you downloaded from the mega and the car will appear in the game.

Well, as soon as you manage to make the car appear in the game you can try the two options described above: option 1. It makes the car appear all black and option 2. It makes the car take on the texture that is inside the Team folder.

Besides, if it doesn't work out, then I don't know what would be wrong... I believe you just changed the file I sent you and it wasn't meant to do that... if it was that, everything will work out and if it isn't, only God knows... but keep informing me; if it doesn't work out, I ask who knows: God, He will tell me!!:rolleyes:

Hugs

Attachments

• Veh option 2.jpg
    Veh option 2.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 27

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back