Replace Fanatec FFB motor?

Chaps,
I have recently had an issue with my PWTS wheel and Fanatec have advised me that they will replace it.

The issue is shown in the following vid:

It is very notchy now instead of smooth whist turning. I suspect it is either the Belt, the Motor or the PCB. Having never opened my wheel how realistic is it to change either the motor or the PCB?

Not sure if they are the same as the momo but they also have the double shaft as the DFP also had an optical sensor at the other end of the shaft..

I spoke to the company that made the one from my DFP and they no longer make it unfortunately.. I'm not sure who make the one for the g25. I took one from my old DFP to initially use on my Fanatec but tbh it waws too much like hard work to replace.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I have the same problem now. My Fanatec GT2 Wheel has low FFB effects. The motor is damaged. It has the Mabuchi RS-555PH-22130 and I was not able to find it anywhere. Maybe you found a solution?

Upvote 0
98% sure the links i posted were all approved by Eric as being the Stock units.

When i googled the part # the links came up as being "viewed already" so The only other place i would have been linked these motor's would be the Gtplanet thread.

Upvote 0
Hey thanks guy, was not here for a long time. The linked motors do not fit because there is a difference on one end of the motor. The pin is too short.

However, I bought an damaged old GT3 wheel for 35€ and took that motor for the GT2 wheel. That worked perfectly. But it took me about three hours to replace it. Whatever, it worked.

Upvote 0
Hey thanks guy, was not here for a long time. The linked motors do not fit because there is a difference on one end of the motor. The pin is too short.

However, I bought an damaged old GT3 wheel for 35€ and took that motor for the GT2 wheel. That worked perfectly. But it took me about three hours to replace it. Whatever, it worked.
Glad that you found a solution. There should be a lot more CSWv1 on the market with v2 arrival - both working and non-working for parts.

Upvote 0
yes mate i can tell you a lot better construction , you might only have to update the power supply , but it works fine with the stock on lower ffb settings ,but is still plenty strong enough, if you turn ffb up, its too strong and maybe will hurt your wrist in a smash

Upvote 0
yes mate i can tell you a lot better construction , you might only have to update the power supply , but it works fine with the stock on lower ffb settings ,but is still plenty strong enough, if you turn ffb up, its too strong and maybe will hurt your wrist in a smash

Are you running a larger Power Supply ? Have you had any Heat issues with these new motors ? Have you ever checked how warm they run ? And curious how low of Force setting are we talking about here ?

Upvote 0
i bought a new power supply and it is not needed yet , stock still runs it well, and i forgot to mention i cool the motors with a pond air pump , and my settings in assetto corsa are 98 percent gain in game and 67ffb percent in the car setup menu 100ff on the wheel and anywhere between 60 and 120 for on the wheel depending on the car and the motors only get moderately warm , i use extra cooling by leaving the back off and finger testing the motors every now and again too be sure of no overheating ,also full credit goes too ekretz i followed his instructions at gt planet

Upvote 0
here it is you can see the new supply , but i have put the stock back

Attachments

• S4200316.JPG
    S4200316.JPG
    475.6 KB · Views: 1,089
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.