1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Repairing Steam F1

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Kevin Cordice, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Is it possible to repair a steam F1 2011 game?

2. Hey,

yes, it is possible. If you deleted some files of your game folder, Steam will re-download these files. I don't know if it also re-downloads files if they were just modified. (same file name, but other filesize)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Right click on the game and go to properties and there is a restore game cache option which will sort your files.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

Yup, as Paul says, under properties > local files > Verify Integrity of local Game Cache

@SoTD I think it does re-download modded files if I remember correctly. I think I did mod some game's .ini file (COD Black Ops maybe), and had to set the file to 'read only' to stop steam overwriting it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

You don't need to redownload anything if it works the same as with Race 07 and Steam. Delete the F1 2011 subfolder completely and restart steam.

Firing up the game will unpack all the files again without you having to spend any time downloading the files.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thank a lot it works again now :)

7. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Sweet, no downloads needed right? :)