Track: Watkins Glenn (Download here)
Club Racing MOD: Download here.
Weather: Dry

Time Schedule
20:00 GMT Practice
20:30 GMT Qualification
20:40 GMT Warm-up
20:45 GMT Race (18 laps)

Click here to see when the event starts in you timezone.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here
Subscribe to this thread: click here

MOD Installation.
To join this event, you need to download the custom mod above. Both track (install first) and MOD (install second) MUST be installed to join the server.

Notes:
  1. Chatting of any kind during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited in the chat. There is no need to say sorry/thanks/pitting/leaving pits/etc. Anything that needs to be said can wait until after the session.
  2. If you feel you were wronged in any way during an event and wish to report the incident, simply send the event organiser a private message. Please include a description of the incident along with a video. If you are unable to create a video, please include details such as who was involved and where the incident happened with a timestamp. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.
  3. We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3, download here. Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy friendly way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically, Log in here
  4. Please take into account that rFactor 2 is still in beta stage and that technical problems might occur. If you spot a bug please post a (constructive) report in the dedicated bug forum here.
Sign-up list:
  1. Ken Hunter
  2. Kieron Swart
  3. Alex Rinas
  4. Jeff Brown
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I moved this event to coming saturday, to give all a bit more time. Tonight, I have to do RDGTC, so I hope to post more info about the mod tomorrow.

I have to work the day so I will see if im ok with it then I will enter by Saturday 17:00 GMT. Could someone please post a link to fix my G27 steering vibration cause it wakes my whole house up when racing :D

I have to work the day so I will see if im ok with it then I will enter by Saturday 17:00 GMT. Could someone please post a link to fix my G27 steering vibration cause it wakes my whole house up when racing :D
Scott and the Luc at ISI have come up with a small tweek you can do in the controller config that will ease the over powerful rattling that some G25/7 owners get when going off track or on the curbs..
Quote from scott:
...such as the G25/G27 you can try increasing this value in your Userdata/player controller.ini file (if you saved your own profile you would have to change it there as well):
Steering torque filter="0"
The range is from 0 to 32.
This will filter the FFB effect over a series of frames, which will smooth out the feedback and reduce the rattle. Please note that as you increase this value the FFB may start to feel a bit "spongy" or "numb" and that it will increase latency.
The reason you don't feel/hear this rattle in many other sims is because they by default provide some filtering. By default we do not.
The value you set this to will be down to personal preference. If it feels good to you, and the rattle/noise is acceptable, then go for it. We did some testing locally and came up with some different values.
One of our internal testers felt 4 was good.
Luc settled on a value of 8. He felt any higher felt to numb for him.
I personally like 16. I could still feel the car, catch it when it got loose, it didn't affect my lap times at all, and I didn't perceive any latency, neither visually nor in feel. Yes, it did feel more on the numb side, but after a few laps I found I liked it actually.
So, give this a try and see if you can find something acceptable...
Edit: Please note this is not a permanent solution, but hopefully will get you to something acceptable for the time being...
Important
Remeber you have to Reselect the profile for it to apply the new .InI file changes
If you simply change the .InI it will have no effect in the game unless you reselect the profile.

Sorry guys im going to stand down on this. When Rfactor is up and running correctly I will Enter. Marco if you need me to test anything please PM as i want to help get this going.:)

Sorry guys im going to stand down on this. When Rfactor is up and running correctly I will Enter. Marco if you need me to test anything please PM as i want to help get this going.:)
I will start working on this one tonight, so I hope to have it up and running tomorrow. I will try to get a decent download option available as well.

Guys, please take note of the added download link for the mod. It's a minature file, so should be no problem downloading. We use the regular GP track for this race.

hello marco,

i am not good in understand actual rfactor2 all the things, but i have a question.

i did download the "club racing mod" and install, my question is....
can i do delete this mod again after the race and i can still drive watskin glenn offline? is this only a short download that we can drive online the megane on this watskin glenn track?
or is this a MOD that for every RD club race will be needed?
i do ask, because i will not have to much things in my PACKAGES folder, that i will not confused in future if to much are in this folder and i do not know what file is for what thing.
so it would be good to know, if i can delete this thing later again and drive offline watskin glenn without problems.

i am not sure if i do drive this race, i am much interested to test rfactor2 online, but i am not sure if i can drive without problems, before new update comes i had problems in public server, cars did jump sometimes and my FPS was to much low with more cars on track (especialy the start, 1st corners), offline i have now much more FPS, hope it works online now ok for me too.

Yes, you can remove the mods afterwards. It is indeed just a little mod to make the content available online, and is seperate of the Offline mod.

To uninstall:

Open you MOD manager from rfactor launcher.
UNinstall the mod you want to remove.
Open your windows explorer
Delete the mod from your package folder
Go up 1 level in the folders. There you have a folder called MANIFEST.
In this folder, a file is present you need to manally delete as well.
In MANIFEST, look for the file [modname].MFT. You have to delete that one.
Go 1 folder up again, and go into the folder INSTALLED
There is a folder called rFm there, in which you have to delete [MODNAME].mas You have to delete that one as well.

Now, the MOD is removed, and all files are cleaned up. This process will probably be automized in the final release, but for now this is the way to clean everything up.

Sign me up please

This is my first online race outside Richard Burns Rally, so I have a few questions.

First my name on the server when I just joined to check my mods was tralic, the nickname I use, do I need to change it to Jeff Brown? I looked for a min and couldn't find anywhere to change name in the settings.

I also noticed the pit entry is a little strange on this track, can we cut into the pit entry land on the last corner or must me stay outside the white line?

Do we start sitting still or do a rolling start?

Sign me up please

This is my first online race outside Richard Burns Rally, so I have a few questions.

First my name on the server when I just joined to check my mods was tralic, the nickname I use, do I need to change it to Jeff Brown? I looked for a min and couldn't find anywhere to change name in the settings.

I also noticed the pit entry is a little strange on this track, can we cut into the pit entry land on the last corner or must me stay outside the white line?

Do we start sitting still or do a rolling start?

Hi Jeff, i will try to answer the questions i know the answer to :)

Yes you need to change your username, open your rFactor 2 directory, open UserData, open the player.plr file in Notepad..
Then look for [ DRIVER ]
This is how mine looks, compare to yours, and edit the one needed.. REMEMBER TO BACKUP THE FILE FIRST!! :)
Player Name="Joakim Skalstad"
Player Nick="Joakim Skalstad"

The other questions i'll let Marco answer :)

Good luck, and welcome to rFactor2 !

Kieron, try adjusting the graphic settings in the game to reduce the rattle in the FFB, i had the same issue, but after tweaking with the setup it got better...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back