rF2 Renault Megane @ Malaysia - Wednesday January 25, 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Yeah your right, i just watched back the start, from my cockpit, he looked to have gone severly wide and did but not on the grass.

These disconnections are a concern for me, it reminds me alot of GTR Evolution and it's flakey system, hopefully it's because of the beta status
who was that guy?

i had a little collision on turn 2 where i took the inside corner line on that tight bend and got clipped someone and that practically ruined my race. was 7th their :(

anyways im crap.too inconsistant and couldnt hit a single 1.05 lap. i got lapped soo many times
frown.gif

felt like giving up midway as i was last, racing myself but according to the scoreboard i was 10th out of 12th only because the other two drivers DNF

An interesting incident occured before the pitstops when I was behind Pedersen. While slipstreaming and getting pretty close I was randomly thrown into the barrier on the start/finish straight. After that I rolled backwards to the 1st corner, where I continued the rest of my race with a broken suspension. Thought the race would be alittle more interesting as Pedersen was about 10 seconds ahead at this point, but something happened to him in the pits.

I was SO close to just straight out stopping the car and writing "WHAT THE EFF?" but thought I'd use the opportunity as you were so fast you'd easily catch up with me had I done so, so I just kept on going, but I swear I was one big question mark when that happened. I was saddened as you closed up as I knew you'd end up being miles ahead of me when you overtook and had a few laps in front. But then that happened. Can't stop laughing about it though, because it did look quite awesome from my view. There was a slight smoke-puff when it happened, just at the right side of the splitter.

But yes, I am pretty sure I would have had the lead had I not been sliding as I came into the pit lane. I hit the barrier on the left so hard I ended up with crooked wheel and steering rack so it took 88 seconds repair that. Top that with both rear tyre change plus fuel and I had about 2 minutes of pittime. I lost the race just then and there :p Managed to get to 6th though which is fine, considering what happened. Neil Harvey had just been in pits at the time I was halfway through my stop, so it took some time to catch up, but eventually I got there. :)

All in all a good race but I'd love to see more on the grid for next Megane Trophy race - Those cars are made for bumper to bumper/door to door racing, but that was a bit scarce with only around 12 or 13 on the grid from start, with some quitting mid-race :)

i had a little collision on turn 2 where i took the inside corner line on that tight bend and got clipped someone and that practically ruined my race. was 7th their :(

anyways im crap.too inconsistant and couldnt hit a single 1.05 lap. i got lapped soo many times
frown.gif

felt like giving up midway as i was last, racing myself but according to the scoreboard i was 10th out of 12th only because the other two drivers DNF

Don't be disheartened mate! Firstly, it really is a steep learning curve so it's all about practice, practice, practice!
Secondly, think of it this way: if you couldn't hit a 1.05 lap, then you consistently couldn't hit it. Makes you consistent, in some ways.
Thirdly, with a bigger grid for the next Megane Trophy race, you can be sure to be driving with others that are about the same level as you, and if not, once again: don't be disheartened. Take it as a challenge and keep practicing whenever you can :) At least that's how I learned how to get up there with the faster drivers :)

I see you hitting the barrier Soren, before I pitted the following lap! when you were back on track could see you were catching me quick. And only a matter of time before you went straight past me :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back