Removed by RSS

Cars Removed by RSS [Paid] 3.0

No permission to buy (€0.01)
Same sim racer spend over 1000€ for a Racing Cockpit ( wheels , pedals , VR ... ) and CRY for selling a car for 3,99€ .... people are strange ...
And these people will pay over $100+ a year for an iRacing sub and $12 per car and track....

I, personally, think that this issue is a principle issue rather than a money issue...If you're one of the old faithful (like me) then you can remember when modding was done out of passion and love for community in which they're playing with, whether that be GP Legends or F1C in the early 00's.

And maybe they're just annoyed that love and passion for the community has gone away!

I would like to hope however that these people respect quality and time, effort, and personal sacrifice (in some cases) that goes into making content like this and realise that £2-3 is small amount, relatively speaking.

Last edited:
And these people will pay over $100+ a year for an iRacing sub and £12 per car and track....

I, personally, think that this issue is a principle issue rather than a money issue...If you're one of the old faithful (like me) then you can remember when modding was done out of passion and love for community in which they're playing with, whether that be GP Legends or F1C in the early 00's.

And maybe they're just annoyed that love and passion for the community has gone away!

I would like to hope however that these people respect quality and time, effort, and personal sacrifice (in some cases) that goes into making content like this and realise that £2-3 is small amount, relatively speaking.
What the main issues is, no one realizes the sheer amount of work it takes,
its not hrs and minutes this 2018 car alone just took almost 2 months working 12-16hrs a day non stop,
in the early 2000,s you could build a car in 16hrs now there is 100 times more work involved the work and time can simply not even be compared at all, its simply staggering what is involved to create these AAA cars from scratch :)

What the main issues is, no one realizes the sheer amount of work it takes,
its not hrs and minutes this 2018 car alone just took almost 2 months working 12-16hrs a day non stop,
in the early 2000,s you could build a car in 16hrs now there is 100 times more work involved the work and time can simply not even be compared at all, its simply staggering what is involved to create these AAA cars from scratch :)
I only really got a true understanding of what went in building car models and physics when I joined the PCARS 1 WMD forum in 2011. It took them around a month to do each car and they have a way, way bigger team than you guys! to do a car like this 2 months is insane!

You can see why it takes Virtua, DRM and Enduracers guys years to build their mods!

Oh and you only have to look at the ACFL guys to realise what around a week of work get's you!

Last edited:
I only really got a true understanding of what went in building car models and physics when I joined the PCARS 1 WMD forum in 2011. It took them around a month to do each car and they have a way, way bigger team than you guys! to do a car like this 2 months is insane!

You can see why it takes the Virtua and DRM guys years to build their mods!
Car itself took 4 weeks working 7 days a week 12-14hrs a day then there was LOD then this new wheel and all the textures/animations and ingame settings, its a lot of work in total around 7 weeks start to finish with some dev in areas that didnt get released, some cars are different but you still looking at a full time dev program and an estimated completion of around 4-5-6 weeks minimum and that is non stop every single day on the cars,

in 2000 and 2005 and 2010 you could build one of these cars in 1 week - 10 days week there was zero details and minimal textures and settings,
everyone compares the cars from then to now but forgets the differences over the years in geometry and PBR textures and settings and animations, just the UV work alone takes at least 1 week before you can even paint the cars start to finish,
cars 15 years ago and cars today can not be compared at any point at all except they have 4 wheels :)
I have over 500hrs work in this car, try and do that in your spare time take years to make one, requires full time work non stop.

Car itself took 4 weeks working 7 days a week 12-14hrs a day then there was LOD then this new wheel and all the textures/animations and ingame settings, its a lot of work in total around 7 weeks start to finish with some dev in areas that didnt get released, some cars are different but you still looking at a full time dev program and an estimated completion of around 4-5-6 weeks minimum and that is non stop every single day on the cars,

Which makes it even more staggering when you take into account that, for some people, this isn't their full time job!

in 2000 and 2005 and 2010 you could build one of these cars in 1 week - 10 days week there was zero details and minimal textures and settings,

I've played many of those cars over the years....All of them where awful...:p Funnily enough one of them is still around today! *ahem* ACFL *ahem*

cars 15 years ago and cars today can not be compared at any point at all except they have 4 wheels :)
I have over 500hrs work in this car, try and do that in your spare time take years to make one, requires full time work non stop.

Which is the reason why it's great and you guy's and SMS document each stage of development process. It gives us mere mortals a chance to truly appreciate the work, time, commitment and development that goes into making a car.

Last edited:

I think so too, probably if the car was 0,10€ the same people would still complain :)

We are working on some fixes on the car (car jumping into the air after hitting some high kerbs, tyre heating and other visual tweaks), thanks for those who reported them!

Allready start working on a new livery for the mod. I will release Logitech eSports car in a couple of days. At the moment I am working on the helmet and suit to fit with the car. :)

Credits to formulaHEINE for the Pirelli tires!

5aba5b73e64dd-Logitech_eSports_2.jpg

Last edited:
Early attempt Renault RS-18.
haven't painted in years. :redface:

3d photoshop is some crazy magic.

One thing bugging me is the Renault official yellow color not finding it close to real thing, yes lighting is different etc.
(Found on F1 website this code for Renault. #FFD800)

aZ4ctyx.png

Aiming for this.
Maybe by weekend I can get it there.
27QRSeO.jpg

edit: one tip for photoshop users.

if you find on google images PNG/SVG etc logo
right click copy image location

open photoshop.
File>open>paste url location

photoshop can open URL photos which I had no idea was possible.

Last edited:
I hope this opens up the door for other paid mods, not only cars but also tracks.
From not being able to post paid mod to support them it's been a big change, I hope it's not just with the RSS guys. But anyways as you/they run this site they can do whatever you/they want on this matter.

Hope it's all good for everyone. There are great paid mods out there.

I hope this opens up the door for other paid mods, not only cars but also tracks.
From not being able to post paid mod to support them it's been a big change, I hope it's not just with the RSS guys. But anyways as you/they run this site they can do whatever you/they want on this matter.

Hope it's all good for everyone. There are great paid mods out there.
You are correct in saying there is plenty of paid mods out there, there certainly is and loads of talented groups there knocking out some of the highest content,
I believe you do not have to take into consideration the quality of the content but also the support later to the end users who have purchased it, this needs to be a proven thing :)
the end user is the most important thing here.

This should become RD's new #1 Golden rule.....since it happens so much here :whistling:
Agreed. Like the relationship we've built with RD to be in this grateful position to be the first to have this kind of thread. It didn't happen miraculously like some people think; we worked hard and collaborated with hopefully people I can call friend now. Same with that real-life steering wheel sponsorship which has potential to be modified for the future, which we are also proud of, but some might not understand the lengths it took to even make it a reality.

Anyway, regarding that 5th car the quoted comment alludes to. It's going very well and it has better onboard sounds, personally, than the Lanzo, but we can discuss further in that thread.

We are looking to update this Hybrid 2018 tonight, FYI.Will announce here when ready, and send email to all.
Code:
Changelog v1.0 to v2.0

Visuals
-Body shadow enhancements
-Increased halo animation speed in the showroom
-New led textures and settings
-New ambient maps and color maps applied to external carbon
-Display textures and led brightness fixed for no PP

Physics
-Fixed the issue that made the car jump into the air after hitting certain kerbs/bumps
-Lowered a bit tyre heating generation
-Minor AI tweak
-Added brake power adjustment

Thanks all.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 406 69.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 256 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 275 46.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 121 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 161 27.5%
Back