GT5 Release Date Changed

well, that finally made my mind up - PS3 going up for sale on ebay now. GT5 was the only game I was waiting for - and I was starting to lose interest in that already, but now the release date gets delayed by that much again! just lol!!!

I don't know - I think it's such an important title that it's better they get the time right - if anything releasing once people are a little bored of FM3 might be even better for sales.

It really looks like spring next year has become the main game release period for many games as well, which could be economy related as well I guess.

Think of it this way: They release at the same time as another big racing title, Forza 3, they are thrust into sales competition, ergo, less sales.

Release at a time when there are basically no Triple-A racing titles, sales will skyrocket.

well, that finally made my mind up - PS3 going up for sale on ebay now. GT5 was the only game I was waiting for - and I was starting to lose interest in that already, but now the release date gets delayed by that much again! just lol!!!

I'm really dissapointed by the delay, I'm glad they are taking the time to make sure its a polished product but I wouldn't go as far as selling my PS3 though. There are other good racing games worth a look like Ferrari Challenge, Supercar Challenge or even one of the multi platform titles such as NFS Shift or DIRT 2.

Well, you know, I was planning on getting a P3 in 2008 because of GT5... I would have almost gotten one, but then, I built myself a new PC instead after checking out the rather disappointing GT5 Prologue.

By now, I'm no longer following the news concerning GT5... cause it's always the same "release date has been postponed."

So, if I was you, Mike, I would sell my PS3 too, cause, I do not believe that they will manage to get the game out spring next year either!!!

THIS IS LIKE the DUKE NUKEM "FOREVER" mystery :D

So, if I was you, Mike, I would sell my PS3 too, cause, I do not believe that they will manage to get the game out spring next year either!!!

THIS IS LIKE the DUKE NUKEM "FOREVER" mystery :D

It's really nothing like Duke nukem Forever. Firstly we've already had GT5 Prologue which is entertaining members here with a hot lap challenge and secondly people have been playing working code at Gamescon and TGS, nobody ever played Duke Nukem Forever. If you're happy playing the same regurgitated code base from Simbin on the PC thats fine I'm happy to wait for GT5.

To sell a system for financial pressure's I can understand but to sell it just because a game is delayed is an odd reason from a gamers point of view. I'll be playing Forza 3 on my 360 and when GT5 arrives I'll play that but in the meantime there are plenty of other worthy exclusive titles to play such as Ferrari Challenge, Supercar Challenge, Uncharted 2 etc. Sell the PS3 now and Mike will lose money when in a few months time when GT5 arrives he is perhaps going to be tempted to buy a PS3 again.

TO KEVIN WATTS:

You know what, you are right!
My mistake was that I was projecting my situation automatically to the general case which is false!
I should've added the aspect of a financial situation that only allows a PS3 if you force it (which I would've done if the final GT5 had come out... because, don't take this the wrong way here, I absolutely loved the prvevious GT games).

The comparison to Duke Nukem was only in respect to the release date being postponed (which I should've mentioned as well :D)

I hope I got my post updated in the right direction with this one now ;)

• Bert Van Waes

Ouch, a bit later then expected...

It'll be better then it would be now so worth the wait i guess.
And PS3 will have 2 times a big push in the back on the sales. This christmas, with Uncharted 2, R&C, ...
And then in March with GT5...

Like Birney and Kevin says, it's a better strategy for sure.

I'm really not bothered about the damage, and it looks crap.

They should just have damage that affects the engine or downforce, and punctures.

If a jobs worth doing, it's worth doing properly. That damage looks so poor.
They have to adhere to restrictions, and can't do damage 100% perfect. They said it themself, if they could, they would. No need to blame PD. At least they are making the most of what they can do. The visual damage is pretty much some scratches, sure. But I'm sure it will effects the mechanics of the car.

Kazunori just said on Gamespot that the US and EU versions of the game will be launched very shortly after the Japanese version in 2010, there won't be a couple of months gap. April sounds right, that's when GT5P launched in the US, right?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.