Reiza Hints at the Future - rFactor 2 Engine to be used in 'Reiza 2018'?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios Teaser Image .jpg

Reiza Studios have released an interesting teaser on social media recently, hinting at "some exciting new things coming up on the horizon"..

Now to my eye this teaser image looks very much like a Reiza game using the rapidly improving rFactor 2 gMotor2 game engine, potentially hinting for the very first time that the upcoming and under development "Reiza 2018" project could be taking further advantage of the already close relationship between Reiza Studios original rFactor developers Image Space Incorporated.

Although purely speculation at this point, it is still rather refreshing to hear (or see) some news from Reiza Studios following wrapping of development of their Automobilista title, and this could well be the very first early signs of what's been going on behind the scenes of the well regarded Brazilian development team.

Now I'm only speculating that this is the rFactor 2 engine here, and frankly I could be well wide of the mark with this one... so I'll leave it to you to throw around your opinions in the comments section below!

Reiza Studios Teaser Image Twitter.jpg

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing game from Reiza Studios, and can be purchased from the Steam network.

If you enjoy Automobilista then take your experience to the next level with RaceDepartment! Join in our brilliant online Racing Club to take part in organised online race events, or head over to the Automobilista Modding Forum to have a look through our community made content, or if this isn't enough to keep you occupied, check out the general AMS sub forum and involve yourself in our wonderful sim racing community.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you make of the cryptic clue from Reiza? Looking forward to the new project? Let us know in the comments section below!

My point was in regards to the absurdity of you wanting her to get sued (potentially having her life ruined) because she said something you don't agree with, while it seems you're not the best role model of ethics out there.

And even if you did follow the law by the book, it's still absurd wishing someone to get sued because of something they said about a videogame. It basically reflects some of today's youth: over sensitive people who cannot have a simple discussion without feeling offended and/or trying to supress others' right or the spirit of free speech.

People stop being naive. Reiza is not a game developer. Reiza is a modding group
that got no knowledge, manpower nor finance to develop new game. All they did to rfactor engine is fiddled with physics , brought some new tracks and cars and reselled it as a new game yet again. Nothing ground breaking. How can you expect AMS with new graphic engine?
It makes me laugh when I read the wish list for AMS 2. New graphics engine, VR, ...
Dream on. If there is something called AMS 2 it will be a rF2 clone again. But they going to find some fools again that will buy it.
Taken from Reiza forum:
"Short answer is no, it hasn´t been decided (in the sense that evaluations of other engines for various purposes are still ongoing).
Long answer is, we´ve licensed the ISIMotor source code aiming to use it on the long run, with AMS being only the starting point. We´ve done all our content and quite a bit of coding already on top of the original code base, most notably on physics, audio, AI. It is thus most likely our next title will have a lot of ISIMotor in it one way or another to build on that baseline although even that is not set in stone - things can change quickly in this business, suddenly something that seemed unlikely may become the best path forward"
Does that sound to you like a new game with new engine?
They rather keep quiet about whats coming otherwise if they tell people about new rF2 clone they will leave and stop buying their AMS DLCs.
Why cant they tell us the truth instead of showing some blurred pictures?

Last edited:
It's amazing the reactions that one blurry little image can produce.

I've grown to dislike and avoid any AMS / Reiza update thread on RD. It is civil and enthusiastic for about one single page, usually . And then it dissolves into VR bickering - in fact VR in the next Reiza title has become a top priority for me only so that every thread can stop bitching about it and talk about other aspects.

But this thread surely has to take the crown for devolved-into-pointlessness.

People stop being naive. Reiza is not a game developer. Reiza is a modding group
that got no knowledge, manpower nor finance to develop new game. All they did to rfactor engine is fiddled with physics , brought some new tracks and cars and reselled it as a new game yet again. Nothing ground breaking. How can you expect AMS with new graphic engine?
It makes me laugh when I read the wish list for AMS 2. New graphics engine, VR, ...
Dream on. If there is something called AMS 2 it will be a rF2 clone again. But they going to find some fools again that will buy it.
Taken from Reiza forum:
"Short answer is no, it hasn´t been decided (in the sense that evaluations of other engines for various purposes are still ongoing).
Long answer is, we´ve licensed the ISIMotor source code aiming to use it on the long run, with AMS being only the starting point. We´ve done all our content and quite a bit of coding already on top of the original code base, most notably on physics, audio, AI. It is thus most likely our next title will have a lot of ISIMotor in it one way or another to build on that baseline although even that is not set in stone - things can change quickly in this business, suddenly something that seemed unlikely may become the best path forward"
Does that sound to you like a new game with new engine?
They rather keep quiet about whats coming otherwise if they tell people about new rF2 clone they will leave and stop buying their AMS DLCs.
Why cant they tell us the truth instead of showing some blurred pictures?
Well they were clear about wanting to use isi engine they licenced, moddified, improved .. that is good news
But what makes you think thay cant do a new game? they have physics basically done, 80% of simracing features implemented, arguably best AI, great FFB ... they need new graphic engine with VR support and adding some features that are expected in modern sim racing game. Perhaps some career mode if they wanna go more comercial .. Rest is about cars and track licences ..

Not sure what you expect from new good simracing game .. pC2 (lets not argue whether it is sim or not) is basically improved pC1 with 2/3 of content being reused. ACC will be basically improved AC with new graphics engine, features, improved physics and BP licence. It is all about improving the key things from your standard simracing package (contnent, features, physics, sounds, etc ... ) and if you are lucky you get some new twist like good career mod or well organized MP, ...

And they fiddeling with rF1 physics ... just few of things they fiddled (to extend when you dont need to use fudged numbers to make it work like in isi engine) .. it doesnt feel, play or behave like rF1 so Im not sure where is problem with them using moddifying engine that other game used in non-modified state ... Kingdom Come Deliverence devs moddifed Cry engine .. that doesnt make them Crysis modders ... GSC in beginings was basically standalone mod to rF1 ..

- physics rate from 360 to 720 Hz
- inpute refres rate from 120 to 500 Hz
- FFB rate from 90 to 360 Hz (720Hz)
- FFB rate independent from frames
- min. FFB force implementation
- low speed physics FFB impementation and its blending to normal speed physics
- proper pneumatic trail implementation (there is no need for fake frot tyre understeer effects used in rF1) .. change for physics and FFB
- new drivetrain, clutch, etc
- car engine orientation .. engine relative to crankshaft works on real physics
- brand new car engine modeling .. throttle mapping, ECU, new way how torque is generated based on throttle pedal position
- implementation physical suspension model of dedion rear axle
- flat spots, dirt pickup
- implementation of DRS
- dynamicly adjustable ARB implementation
- changes to inertia physics that was bugged in rF code so there is no need to use fudged numbers, you put real numbers you get real results now .

Last edited:
It's amazing the reactions that one blurry little image can produce.

The blue tint of the Reiza adboard strongly hints ISI/S397 rF2 engine, the strong blue ambient light came to rF2 with the DX11 update. The DoF also looks very much Yebis-like, which is the middleware library used by rF2. Actually I don't see any other option what tech that screenshot could be based on.

Well they were clear about wanting to use isi engine they licenced, moddified, improved .. that is good news
But what makes you think thay cant do a new game? they have physics basically done, 80% of simracing features implemented, arguably best AI, great FFB ... they need new graphic engine with VR support and adding some features that are expected in modern sim racing game. Perhaps some career mode if they wanna go more comercial .. Rest is about cars and track licences ..

Not sure what you expect from new good simracing game .. pC2 (lets not argue whether it is sim or not) is basically improved pC1 with 2/3 of content being reused. ACC will be basically improved AC with new graphics engine, features, improved physics and BP licence. It is all about improving the key things from your standard simracing package (contnent, features, physics, sounds, etc ... ) and if you are lucky you get some new twist like good career mod or well organized MP, ...

And they fiddeling with rF1 physics ... just few of things they fiddled (to extend when you dont need to use fudged numbers to make it work like in isi engine) .. it doesnt feel, play or behave like rF1 so Im not sure where is problem with them using moddifying engine that other game used in non-modified state ... Kingdom Come Deliverence devs moddifed Cry engine .. that doesnt make them Crysis modders ... GSC in beginings was basically standalone mod to rF1 ..

- physics rate from 360 to 720 Hz
- inpute refres rate from 120 to 500 Hz
- FFB rate from 90 to 360 Hz (720Hz)
- FFB rate independent from frames
- min. FFB force implementation
- low speed physics FFB impementation and its blending to normal speed physics
- proper pneumatic trail implementation (there is no need for fake frot tyre understeer effects used in rF1) .. change for physics and FFB
- new drivetrain, clutch, etc
- car engine orientation .. engine relative to crankshaft works on real physics
- brand new car engine modeling .. throttle mapping, ECU, new way how torque is generated based on throttle pedal position
- implementation physical suspension model of dedion rear axle
- flat spots, dirt pickup
- implementation of DRS
- dynamicly adjustable ARB implementation
- changes to inertia physics that was bugged in rF code so there is no need to use fudged numbers, you put real numbers you get real results now .

Some of the things on that list is made by S397 before S397 was a public thing. :)

havent seen that one ... we know that Luminis helped Reiza (possibly just part of licencing deal) and Luminis than founded S397 ... it doesnt change that progress on original isi engine is substantial and AMS is hardly just a mod for rF1 ...

Sure I agree. The changes are substantial.

I just wanted to note that not everything is done by reiza alone. And secretly I'm still hoping. Reiza and S397 join together.

It basically reflects some of today's youth
Fail again,i have 40 years,a kid whit 7,and my owwn business as a mechanic for almost 20 years,i talk here the same way i talk whit some of my customers,partners etc,i dont keep the thing to my self,deal whit,and again i DO NOT HAVE RIPED ANYTHING FROM RRRE,thats is a false alegation.

Fail again,i have 40 years,a kid whit 7,and my owwn business as a mechanic for almost 20 years,i talk here the same way i talk whit some of my customers,partners etc,i dont keep the thing to my self
You missed my point yet again, that's the only fail here. Congratulations :roflmao:

deal whit
Oh so now I have to "deal with it", not "I hope you get sued". I see. Thanks for proving my early point about the hipocrisy of the Internet Policing People ;P

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back