1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reinstalling BTB without losing the licence.

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Erwin Greven, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

Is it possible to reinstall BTB pro, without losing the BTB pro licence?

And if it is possible how can i do that.

The situation now is is that the harddisk containing BTB pro has crashed and even when i succeeded to copy the map on a different HD, i get error messages when i try to open the program .

2. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

I get this error message:

Log.txt

Onjuiste functie (NL) <=> fault function (GB)

3. yes, just reinstall to another drive and copy the license to that folder.

4. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

i tried to do that, but i got these messages above.

What i can try to do is uninstall the old one. use a registery cleaner and try again.

5. you can't have two copies installed on the same machine, no. if you use a reg cleaner, try not to download one that says it free. has your get more problems.has most use the added a temporary problem,so you think you have to buy it.

try
    www.ashampoo.com they make some great utilities. some are trial,but you won't get the above problems. winoptimizer5 or 6 will do that for you.

Ed

6. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

Tried it. Didn't work sadly. I completely uninstalled BTB pro. downloaded ashampoo5. used reg cleaner. Reinstalled btb. downloaded the licence again. copied into the btb map.

Same result as above. I uninstalled btb pro again. And i think i keep it that way.

[​IMG]

7. Have you got directx 9c installed & also the version of .net framework that you need ?

8. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

yes i did. installed directx9.0 and Netframework 2.0

But i think my whole pc is not functioning as it should be. hardware problems.:Cry:

• 1. Sata HD with C:/windows crashed (put in new one. Pata disk).
      2. has still crashes. Doesnt start up quickly with sata disks connected, only fast with pata's. IDE connected.
      3. Crashes also with IDE disks...

9. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

Are you getting any kind of BSOD?

How does it crash etc.?

10. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

i had a bsod when i raced nr2k3 online at daytona yesterday.

11. as i know, btb check a hardware id´. if you use new components, maybe the check fault. I think you must generate a new *.txt and get a new license.

Lamda

12. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

You know what, thats a bloody good point!

Was it a new HDD you`ve got Erwin?

13. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

Yes, i had an new HD. My old one crashed. After that i installed windows again. But btb worked still. Maybe the problem is that, after the HD where BTB was installed had problems, i reinstalled the program on a other HD. That could be the problem.

But do i have to buy a new licence then?

14. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

No, once purchased, you should get 2 licenses that you can use on different machines.

When you log into BTB website, click on your name, and then 'license'

You should then be able to upload the new Hardware ID text file to get your new license file.

Or just re-download your old license file.

15. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

Maybe i did something wrong back then. I only have 1 licence that i can download.

16. Brendon Pywell

Brendon Pywell
    Bob's Track Builder

This is an installation issue. If it were a license problem you would be getting a Trial Period expired message.

If you are running Vista please read the sticky at the top of the forums.

17. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

I use Windows XP pro. I had a HDD crash (with C:/Windows)
    Used a new HDD and reinstalled a genuine Win XP pro. After that BTB still worked. But a two days later also the HDD with BTB on it started to fail.
    So now i try to reinstall BTB on a new HDD after a completely uninstall of BTB and i used a trial version of ashampoo 5 to clean the register.
    I installed BTB created a new HD id file. What do i have to do with that file?

i get this:

18. deleted the old license file from your btb directory,added new one to directory.
    if your getting bsod. please attach your minidump file to post(zip it first thou). i take a look.

19. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

thanks. i will look at it tomorrow.

20. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

I found out that it looks for the original map at the original HDD.
    When i put the original HDD into my PC i can open the program.