RED BULL V10 HIGHBRID ?

I read on my phone Red Bull have a V10 plan for 2025. They plan to run a electric motor in the car for 1st and 2nd gear. Sounds like they will run a electric motor in the nose cone. This means they can have front wheel drive into front wheels. As F1 cars loose traction in front tires on starts. And front wheel drive is better for slow turns for better torque and grip. And a V10 sound in the higher gears will get the fans exited. Like When Jenson Button ran a V8 Stock car at Leman for a speshial development garage for a single class entry.

You can find anything on the internet, but the rules state that F1 run V6 turbocharged 1.6 liter internal combustion engines and Electric Hybrid motors through 'as Neilski stated' the two rear wheels... no change in the foreseeable future.

Edit: Though there is a road car project which might run the V10 and 4wd of sorts.

Last edited:
My understanding is that the F1 rules insist on RWD for all cars. Is that changing?
My Gues is the rule will change next year. Maybe the electric motor is ruing the rear wheels. But the cars today do harvesting and there is no connection to gear box and rear wheels. So rather have the car free wheel then you can run electric power and harvest and charge battery when the V10 is running. Who knows it may be click bate.

I think that driving the front wheels would have pretty limited performance benefits (in terms of lap time) because they are only traction-limited at relatively low speeds.
However, it has long struck me that (at least in principle) they ought to be able to harvest more energy (under braking) from the front than they can with the rear. Obviously without motors on the front end that's a non-starter.
Best guess: it won't happen, because costs are already a major problem in F1.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back