1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Red Bull RB6 @ Infiniti

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Michael Brown, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Yesterday I went to my local Infiniti dealership to check out the 2010 Red Bull F1 car. I spent about an hour there trying to get the best shots I could, although my camera's memory card was small. Looks to me like it's the early RB6, because the mirrors are monocoque mounted and the exhausts are where 2012 F1 cars have them now.

While I was there, I entered a contest to win 2 tickets to the USGP in Austin this year.

Still, enjoy!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Since the rear end was against the wall, I couldn't get a proper picture of the diffuser
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Brake balance adjustment
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Electrical shutoff switch
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Me!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. Did you ask for a test drive?

3. I guess those gloves were magical or made the wings more flexible :thumbsup:

they should also display their Renault engine.

If you win the tickets to the Austin GP, I'll be there, got mine already, bad thing is that I have to drive 6 hours to get there.

4. The Lever with the Australian flag is the brake bias adjustment

5. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

Would the electricity sign relate to a KERS control?
    Maybe indicating that this is an RB5 2009 car?

6. No i think that is for other stuff but not sure. Usually when KERS is on a car you see the triangle with warning text,
    Usually visible from the outside.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The RB5 never raced with KERS if i remember correctly.

7. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

I see.
    I could remember if Red Bull did or not in 2009.

8. Figured it out. That switch is an emergency shutoff for all electronics in the car. It's used in the event of a crash so the marshalls don't get shocked. It's mandatory in racing cars nowadays (even if they don't have KERS).