1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Red Bull Racing Using Traction Control?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Xosé Estrada, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

View the Post on the Blog

2. Honestly I don't think there's much in it. If this was a consistent thing, surely people would notice every time they do burnouts on the warm up lap. The exit to that hairpin is really bumpy too so that'd be my bet as to what caused it

3. That is not a Traction Control. The Surface is smooth and Exit was Bumpier. add the Collision effect to suspension you will have the Skid marks. Its nothing new.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Its pretty dubious, as already said by other members.

Saying that hell it coud be anything, possibly to do with engine mapping, bumpy exit out of the hairpin, or just the knock Webber took.

Must be a slow news day.

5. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    Premium Member

Hmmmm, I examined the footage at the 10,11 and 12 second mark, and it does look unusual, in the 10 sec frame there are 2 full distinct tyre/tire marks from wheel spin, but in the 11sec frame the marks become intermittent after the rear crosses over the distinct line in the road surface, the fact that the rears are already in full spin when it crosses over the line in the tarmac would not cause it to bounce (wheel hop) for the 3 to 4 metres/yards that it produces the intermittent marks for, unless it is a substantial bump in the surface, which doesn't seem to be the case. I also doubt it's a result of the small impact with Van Der Garde as Webbers cars has already settled prior to him accelerating and the rear spinning up. Hard to say if it's TC or not really, but it doesn't look like normal rear end behavior from my point of view.

6. If its anything at all I suspect its to do with their engine mapping, Red Bull got in hot water in Germany last season by the FIA to do with their engine mapping mimicking TC.

7. Last time I checked, there was something controlling how power is put to the ground. It's called the driver. With all the scrutiny, sometimes fair, sometimes not, that the FIA has put on Red Bull for the last few years, I can't imagine them getting away with something as blatant as TC.

• Like Like x 4
  8. I think it would be ironic if Webber had TC but always failed to have good starts. :)
    But it sure sounds like option 2 is more correct due to the collision and that the exit of that hairpin is quite bumpy.

9. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

With all the checks the FIA is performing it's highly unlikely that TC could slip through. :)

10. Another week, another Red Bull conspiracy theory. Surprise surprise.

Let it go, guys. If you know what traction control actually does, you'd realise that there will be no tire marks at all.

11. Dan Marr

Dan Marr
    Staff Premium Member

It could be the throttle maps that they always use?

12. I have to find myself a tinfoil helmet.

Extra protection against motorsports conspiracies!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Aidan Keranen

Aidan Keranen
    #4 2KF1 Racing RDGPC|LoL/RL Caster@AussieGamingTV Premium Member

i just keep hearing that guy go "Ah" over and over again.

14. Yes, Red Bull is using TC and Vettel is the devil himself. Next.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Isn't that just a very bumpy part of the track? Not sure how traction control used to work on F1's but on my road car TC does what it should: give traction and certainly not create any wheel spin that leaves tire mark traces :)

16. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

Ofcourse Red Bull has TC and the Vettel has the same rocket launcher as Schumacher, that's why he almost laps the whole field.

I also heard the rumor that Vettel was raised by wolves.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Damn you are right!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

So they're calling that "music" nowadays? :p

20. Peter

Peter