Recategorization of cars?

When I am running test sessions I select "session settings" then "opponent filter" which has the list of all the cars.
When I select a particular car "GTE BMW M8" for example, it loads 11 different versions of the same car when I only want maybe 2-3. Is there a way to select certain cars rather than all examples of the same car? Do I need to build a specific competitor file?

I don't want to pick multiple files from "opponent filter" because the result can be the same with the duplicates.

Ultimately I am just trying to achieve running a true to life IMSA field without duplicates of the same cars.

Thanks

I clicked on series, selected Race Events, have 6 listed, but on F1 1988 can I accept. Ok, that worked after it changed my screen(no big deal I guess). The other, I can't accept. In fact, I just followed the instructions, and it didn't show up.

Last edited:
That guide about Creating Custom Race Events was made in Nov 2015. About a year later ISI removed all the pre made race events that are shown in that screenshot. Something to do about updating the race events every time a mod got updated,, blah blah.

Nowadays if you see any race events listed in your game they are the race events from any servers you entered.
They should be found in the rFm folder located:
\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\rFm
In the Launcher's Content Manager they are listed in the Type column as "Mod". There you can uninstall them.
You can also use the ModMgr found in the Bin32 folder to view their details.
mod mgr.JPG

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea