1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reasonable wheels for T500

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Kai Lohmann, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Hey,

Some of you might now i offer a modservice for the t500rs ferrari addon wheel. I wanna make a step forward and thought about offering some reasonable priced addonwheels for the t500rs.
    No adapter needed , just screw on like the usual wheels. In my example i watched this before :

[​IMG]

And ended up with this WIP:

[​IMG]

Its a OMP suede wheel corsica style and nearly 1:1 to the one on the video.

Sorry for the dust btw..:p

Just want to know your thoughts about it. Price would be about 120€ i think.
    No offer here just want to know your thoughts right now.

Greets Modmate

• Like Like x 1
  2. Looks good!
    The original GT wheel for the T500 is ok but I prefer the feel of a real steering wheel. So, when I'm not using my Modmate modded F1 wheel, I use the same steering wheel that they use in the Clio Cup :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. Looking great, but im sure it is a bit more pricey isnt it?
    But really great lookin!:thumbsup:

4. Yep. It's Renault so it's definitely more pricey :rolleyes:
    I love the feel of it though...so much so that I'm think of fitting it to my real car :)

5. Yep, but for the real deal its worth it, thought about a real momo also but that would be also to expensive "for the most". I bet it feels great in your real car also.:)

6. Well for now I'm racing way more in my living room than in my car, so I'll probably keep it on my rig for the winter :)

7. Is there any danger to fitting real wheels to a controller like this? Presumably they are heavier, and most have a bigger diameter so more inertia too... putting extra stress on the internal components?

8. That's actually a good question to be asking and I have never thought of that to be honest.
    How 'heavy' is the T500 Ferrari rim for example? The renault wheel or regular momo/sparco wheel, shouldn't be that much heavier I expect though.

edit:
    The momo 27c is (0.635 kg)
    A momo 11 is (0.680 kg) for 260 mm version; (0.726 kg) for 280 mm version

That isn't very heavy at all :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Unless it's a huge margin compared to the old, the extra weight shouldn't be a concern for the hardware, but you'll lose FFB/Wheel speed and detail. For example the almost 1kg difference in Clubsport wheel BMW rim and the F1 rim has a noticeable effect on the speed of the FFB:
    [​IMG]

10. Hey,

Hey,

Well the full modded ferrari wheel is about 1.1kg. The OMP RALLY wheel is exact the same. I really dont feel any differences with that bit of more weight. Also my customers never got any problems with it.

Greets Modmate

11. Mark Reynolds

Mark Reynolds
    Physics & AI Programmer

I have a very modified OMP Leather Superquadro mounted to my G27 with shifter padals and quick release, the G27 handles it just fine, I have no fear of adding a real wheel to my new T500 when I decide which to have.