F1 2011 Rear toe angle???

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I've heard several arguments pertaining to toe angle in both quali and race setups. Looking to get some feedback from others on what works for them and what doesn't work regarding rear toe angle in their setups.

"What's working" is mostly related to the track - plus some people change the angle, so that their tyres aren't being worn as much. I, for one, think it doesn't matter. I'm using the same setups for both qualifying and race sessions and it's working fine.

I test front toe in when setting up. A little more will usually give better initial turn in at low/med speed corners. Too much and there should be a wear issue.
I'm afraid I cant help much on rear toe. I don't do much with it.
I run Parc Ferme so don't test quali setups.

I have been just taking a few degrees in on the front and just leaving the rear alone. Seems to still produce enough speed and doesnt create excessive wear. However, I would like a stronger turn in that is still low on the tire wear, but then again dont we all :)

Toe just affects turning radius, nothing more. Which means at constant speed and wheel position lower toe setting will produce lower turning radius. Different rear and toe setting means that imaginative arcs that both front and rear wheels "draw" on the circuit will be different as well.

Also, settings that is closer to 0 will produce better top speed because wheel rolling resistance will be lesser.

However, there are some benefits of bigger toe-in. Bigger toe-in have stabilising force, and can be very useful in wet conditions. As speeds are lower anyway it is preferrable to use bigger toe-in in wet.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back