RealFeel plugin with Simucube 2 Pro?

Any advise on setting up simucube 2 pro with RF1 and Real feel plugin. I can only find one, mixed review realfeel plugin on race department. Does anyone else have one that works well? Any settings or wheel rotation that is highly recommended that would work with most cars/car mods for Rf1?

In my estimation, RealFeel is not worth the trouble. Results are quite variable, on some cars it is a wonderful improvement, on some it is horrible; but you cannot disable it for specific cars, it's all or nothing. Its config file bloats ridiculously as it adds a new section for each different car you drive, it may also make multiple sections for the same car. On occasion, usually after a few months of use, it starts behaving oddly, and the only solution is to completely remove and reinstall it (on one of my rf installs it suddenly started generating strong momentary jerks to either side even though I was driving on a straight; on the other install it was like I had an autopilot, gently guiding me into each turn ...at a very low speed, perhaps 10mph, I could actually take my hands off the wheel and the car could almost navigate the track by itself). Not to mention you must memorize (or print out) a dozen key commands to adjust it as you drive. After a few years I tired of all this and removed it entirely, I think careful adjustment of your wheel and the rf FFb parameters give just as good results and are much more stable.

As for rotation, that's a matter of personal preference and type of car. If you watch videos of "modern" racing (past thirty years) you'll notice the drivers rarely using more than about 270deg even in a hairpin. To me these 900deg options are only useful if you're driving a bus.

I am noticing all of the EXACT results you bring up. I'm still struggling as I am not a guru for making a profile, but I just keep floating all around the place, always missing something for my FFB. Is this game also notorious for each car driving so different?

On a side note, I have limited experience with AMS1 but I am currently running Realfeel on it and it works amazing on all the cars I've tried so far. Have you experiences any of the downfalls you mentioned above for AMS1?

Don't have AMS but it's possible it got a more advanced version of RealFeel. Someone recently looked into the original RealFeel plugin and noted it was hooking into all sorts of things in the game that it didn't need to, perhaps that is why it is ultimately so ...disappointing.

Thank you once again for the information! May I ask, do you own a simucube 2 pro? If so do you have any decent FFB settings or a good FFB controller.ini that you use?

I never even knew it was used on GTR2. I have just used the enhancement pack upgrade for the game and found it to be good. I feel like even after testing some of the "best" mods for RF1 they all suffer severely from no feeling of traction until I'm spinning out. I'm willing to try anything you can offer, as long as the RFP isn't trying to steer itself which is what the RFP for RF1 download here on race department feels like with a DD wheel.

Last edited:
Right, stock GTR2 cannot run RFP. But it is possible using my plugin called CCGEP, it is similar idea to RFE, plugin that Enhances GTR2. One of the enhancements it wires RFP into GTR2.

I cannot speak for AMS1/rF1, but in GTR2 0.936 RFP FFB feels very similar to stock (but as a plugin dev I know FFB is coming from RFP and is numerically different from stock FFB), except for the RFP Kf force (stationary tire friction), which is absolutely amazing. So, at least for GTR2, the main reason to enable RFP is to experience stationary friction force.

"RFP steering by itself" sounds like you might have sign mismatch somewhere. MaxForceAtSteeringRack or Kf forces, or Controller section in the game config.

IMHO there's no single way to use RFP correctly, but I can recommend two things:

* See this post by Niels: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/realfeel-settings-and-discussion.107251/page-2#post-2101592 Note that forces mentioned here, at least for GTR2, are way too strong for DD, so be careful.
* If you want to understand my approach in GTR2, read "rFactor Real Feel Plugin wiring" here: https://thecrewchief.org/downloads/gtr2/GTR2_CC_EP.pdf You would need to ignore CCGEP specific stuff (CCGEP adds concept of power steering, tire compound softness, both affect RFP FFB and additional features for DD oscillation suppression).

Lastly, about direct drive. I configure RFP in GTR2 so that when car is not moving and engine is off, it is very very hard to steer. But on DD if you quickly release the wheel it can enter crazy oscillation phase, which could send you to the nearest hospital. So you need to be careful, start with low forces (high MaxForceAtSteeringRack low Kf) and apply damper (it is described in CCGEP manual).

You can find my settingds for GTR2 DTM Classic and F1 2011 under CCGEPOptional folders here:

HTH!

Last edited:
Realfeel is definitely not all or nothing. You have a few hotkeys you can use to adjust it including how much it's mixing into the vanilla FFB.

There's also Leo's FFB which many liked better than RealFeel as it may not have had as realistic a pure-steering rack forces feel as RealFeel but it portrayed pure grip better, at least from many reports over the years back then.

With vanilla ISI (ie. RF1, GTR2, GTL, Race 07, etc.) FFB, you can definitely change the FFB to get more of the wheel countersteering and reacting to the rear slip. If I remember, there are 3 or 4 main options for grip. One affects how much of the overall FFB is connected to steering forces VS outright grip, the other is about how much of forces are relaying front VS rear info, another affects FFB VS how early/late into the slip you are, another affects FFB drop-off when you eventually hit that amount of slip. That may not be 100% correct but it's something like that as far as I can remember how I interpreted it.

I used RealFeel back in the day for many years and never had any issues described above. You can probably just grab it from an AMS1 install if that's the newest or best version.

I'm currently not using RealFeel nor Leo's FFB with any ISI game (except AMS1 since it comes with it) but if you want further FFB help, let us know.

P.S.I also have a Simucube 2 Pro.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea