1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Reading material

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by jimortality, Mar 4, 2015.

1. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

I'm currently on my 3rd of 4 nightshifts. Thankfully, I'm able to access RD at work and I can access the ISI Rf forum. Any other recommendations for some internet reading please and yes it has to be safe for work lol.

2. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium Member

Looks a good read thanks for the info, becoming more and more a fan of Alain. I have been a Senna fan since about the age of 8 think the Lotus 97/98T helped but the more I read about him the more I appreciate how good he was. That was a golden age of drivers (looks wistfully out of the window).

Just ordered a copy.

• Like Like x 2
  4. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

Well done, I hope you like it.
    IMO it's a very thorough and well structured book with sections on set-up as well as strategy and race tactics as well as the art of driving and line etc.
    The writing was done with the help of Pierre-Francois Rousselot who was not simply a ghost writer, he was himslf a very experienced and race winning F3 driver who has been featured recently in Autosport.

Each time I thumb through it I find something. (even my secret raptor savings stash for sim-racing hardware upgrades secreted in an envelope in the back!)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  5. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

I was thinking more internet reading, do you go on any other sim forums?

6. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium Member

That book is fantastic David. Surprisingly Mr Prost seems to know what he is on about. Already learnt some new things after a quick 10 minute scan through.

@Jim Brailsford I think you would really benefit from a read, it is very easy to read and very logical with diagrams how to take certain corners etc.

• Love Love x 1