1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

RE install and preserve settings

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by robjr1, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to delete and re-install the game (to get rid of a mod) but keep my settings and current season? thanks in advance!

2. Yes it is, providing you back up your f1 2011 profile in documents, and don't delete gfwl, then do a clean install and copy back the profile again..after patching.

• Like Like x 1
  3. thanks very much!

4. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

Yup, Gopher is correct, as I did a full uninstall of the game (not GFWL) 2 days ago. I had no frigging choice, as the .exe crashed immediately all the time. All normal recovery methods, and all my backups couldn't fix it.

I reinstalled, and applied the patches manually rather than using GFWL to patch the game. After reinstalling and patching, I ran the game (you have no choice with the patch installers, they auto-run the game) creating a profile (a driver) with the same name as before, then shut the game down. At this stage I copied back all my backup files to the MyDocuments/MyGames folder.

5. Yeah let the game recreate a new save game folder, and then put the old files into it.

If you are trying to get rid of a mod, can you not replace the original game files rather than a full reinstall? Even if you have lost a few, im sure we could help you get them back mate.

6. awesome - thanks again guys!

7. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

As I did when I first got the game, and now once again after re-installing & patching. I just copy the F1 2011 folder to another drive, as a clean backup, before I start adding mods and tweaking.

It's worth doing, especially if you have a nice big, cheap, external USB/eSATA drive :)

8. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

Yeah, as Paul says. I have a fast connection and my own website for downloading from, I also have a gamefront (the old filefront) account too, which would probably be quicker to use. Having said that, most mod files are small, so they might be able to go in a small zip file and be attached to this forum.