Re-building home cinema and simulator

Alright, i wont get into extreme detail here, but a week ago our garage burnt down, it is what it is and we lost a lot, BUT when the garage has been build up again this summer, we need to refurbish our home cinema again, and this time we are gonna go more into sim racing than we have before. I have been simracing for many years, but now we need some advice.

we will have a 120" projector screen and a full fanatec setup, but what bothers me is not knowing where to put the rig in the room, like how far away without it getting too close or too far away to ruin the immersion. We also have a lot of freedom in terms of height since our cinema is multi layered.
If you have questions, please ask away!
Thanks for any help in advance!

When I started sim driving I had a DIY rig that I shoved in front of my TV.
I couldn´t get it close enough to get the FOV I wanted because the pedal deck collided with the AV rack beneath the screen. That shouldn´t be problem with a 120" screen ;).

My advice would be to put your rig on casters and move it into a marked position for simming.
For movie night just put it into a corner.

I´m afraid you´ll have to search for a FOV calculator that allows for 120" screens, the one I found is only for IRacing.

(https://sampsoid.com/fov-calc/)

As you can plan from scratch :cry: position the PC so you can keep the USB and HDMI cables as short as possible.

MFG Carsten

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea