RDRC S5 Round 10 - Hokkaido Rally (5th – 8th October)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw the points :cautious:

3rd in Grade 4 :confused:

2nd in 2WD and in with a slim shot at giving Craig a run for the money........ :geek:

It won't be easy but Craig, I'll do my best so that you can enjoy a battle until the last event for the 2WD championship and I hope Tomas will hook onto the battle as well :D

On another note:

Good luck in the rally everyone, this could turn out to be a lot harder than it looks on paper (I've done a lot of note-work for this one so hopefully the notes will be correct this time around :cautious::roflmao:)

One questions about SS Daniel Bonara:

A point of interest: Maybe I am loosing it but..Theres a sign on the last corner which directs you right on lap 3, which is the last lap and therefore to the 'finish'..
there is also a sign that directs you LEFT called 'finish'.. I think its left on lap3.. Pace notes do say left but its a bit tricky. ( you would all need to check this out yourselves and not trust me lol)

Also if you drive by mistake through the finish on a normal lap you can gain a hell of a lot of time...

1. How rigidly are you pursuing the 2 wheels over the white line/cutting rule.. theres a couple of big run-off corners with a full lane of tar to use.?

Personally whilst trying to keep in the track it may be very difficult to not mistakenly go over these and will be hard to judge on any ill will, cos its a tad slippy :O_o:

Last edited:
so, Rally finished.

I was playing football yesterday and received an almighty kick on my right foot and it still hurts really bad but it doesn't hurt as much in the possition I use the pedals , only when I walk. I looked at the standings and by my calculations I realized I'd only need 2 points to win the championship or for Emil not to win every rally until the end of the season, I thought I could get them on the power stage at the start but I didn't becaus I cut a corner too much and had to call for help, the rest of the rally was ok except for Daniel Bonnara where I was exceptionally slow and I made a mess at the end of the last stage. I don't think I will win the rally because I lost over a minute in SS1 and SS5, but I believe 9th is totally possible which is what I need to secure the championship according to my calculations, Norbert did a nice rally and beat me by more than 20 secs in his RRC in Daniel Bonnara SS5 and also had nice fight with him on PTD , well done and thanks to the organizers and good luck to the guys left to run.

Cheers, looking forward to the results

Last edited:
My Hokkaido Rally:
SS1: Spun in last hairpin
SS2: Break to late, Wheels on grass, a passenger into the forest. Crash. DNF
SS3: First a spin, then another accident like SS2. This time I could drive back onto the road and continue. Surprised there where no major damage to the car.
SS4: OK
SS5: A crash in the last hairpin destroyed the radiator, but could continue to service and no big time lost
SS6: OK, but to careful
SS7: OK
SS8: One off, but managed to stop the car before some trees. Reversed back to the road.
SS9: Touched a pile of tires slightly with my front left corner. Couldnt restart the Engine. Incredible how this small incident could harm the Engine. DNF. Damned!
SS10-14: OK
So my 2 DNFs will send me down the order on this rally.
Good luck for the rest of you!

Tried to do the EU2-session, but it was not to be today.
I finished SS1, but retired on the following 2 and decided to call it a day early.
Will try to massage out my neck to see if that loosen up the headache I have had going the whole day...

Best of luck to the rest of the drivers :)

Bearing in mind Oceanic regions have switched to DST now so had to change time when making the sessions to compensate.
Rally is still going ahead at the usual 10.30pm slot for us :)

Just to worn drivers that will start in OC3 and OC4 sessions.
Start time is at 09:30 GMT (11:30 CET) not 10:30 GMT like in the OP.
http://xiii.rallyesim.com/public_accueil.asp
Good thing I looked.

I didn't participate in the last rally because my graphics card had to be replaced. I'll be running my rally in an hour so wish me luck. :D

Bearing in mind Oceanic regions have switched to DST now so had to change time when making the sessions to compensate.
Rally is still going ahead at the usual 10.30pm slot for us :)

Then this is the warning for drivers on CET only.
Thanks Jack.

Well that was interesting to say enough.

SS1: Bit of understeer in some corners. but smooth run.
SS2: Quite a few half/spins, saved from a big accident though which is good. Couldn't get a good rhythm.
SS3: Having a good rhythm but then hit a bad patch and slid off the road, tried to get a side impact but decided to spin the other way in to a tree. most anoying this was it was a slow hit and it still killed the car -.-
SS4: Good feeling in the stage, no mistakes. just trying to go at my own pace now.
SS5: ok so it all seemed fine in the car, but as soon as I get to the chicane the wheels kept locking and I had no steering. Then I hit the chicane at a low pace and the car bursts into flames!
SS6: Great Rhythm in the stage, very pleased with my pace.
SS7: Nice pace, a few mistakes here and there but nothing major.
SS8: Good Rhythm, no big issues.
SS9: Car acting very strangely, brakes lock very easily so that slowed me down a lot.
SS10: Not a bad stage, felt comfortable at my pace.
SS11: Quite enjoyable, no mistakes and a good rhythm.
SS12: Minus going wide and off the road, my stage of the rally. Great rhythm and nice pace.
SS13: Water temperature was high at the start of the stage so I just went through at low revs and shortshifting to the end to save the car.
SS14: Really enjoyed that stage, kept getting progressively quicker which was great.

Last edited:
Good rally for me with little mistakes like one spin and stopping the car going wide, before hitting any trees. :ninja:

On some stages I had a bad rhythm but I kept my cool and concentrated even more to stay out of trouble. When I had the pace I really enjoyed the low grip that we had on some stages. :D

I probably lost a minute, but I'm happy because I did my best and I'm eagerly waiting for results.

Good luck to all.

I don't get it. 3 times I do Rallysprint and not one single time I can cross the finish line. The game just stops. Now I got 6 min penalty, what the f is going on :mad:

edit: anyways it was a great rally. I did my best and I think I did good on most stages. Those two just ruined the whole rally for me, otherwise it was great. I had a small roll on SS1 but I didn't retire from any stage so I am pretty satisfied.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back