RDRC S4 Round 8 - Rally México (8th – 11th September)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great rally. I get to the finish and that was my goal. Everything was ok till ss9 where i made one big mistake when get distracted by one of spectator (in my living room) and plant the car into the woods. Retirement was only option in that moment. I took my penalty and tearful continue with rally. After that everything was just perfect again. Stage by stage
driving was better and suddenly finish flag was in my sight.
Congrats to everyone who made it in one piece, and to others....wish you a good luck ;)

How is it good for you?

I have a 14 points lead. Let's say I come on the place behind Sion in the remaining rallies. With him winning, and me second. He will gain 21 points.
If you win, he, second and me third, he will only gain a total of 9 points.
And then of course, the other drivers arrive, so it can easily be people between me and Sion.
Sion can beat you on speed etc.
But, for the championship, anyone else than Sion winning, is good for me! Of course, I'd like it to be me, so I can win the championship on my own. But, I'll take all the help I can get! ;P

Unfortunately it looks like I can´t participate in this round after all, I´m having major internet issues. It doesn´t do any good for my championship goals for this season :/

OK, came home few minutes ago, last time I drove the Pug was during previous RDRC round, I have a good feeling about this.. again :p
Either way, good luck to those who are with me in OC3​

Retired in the first stage already.. in such an easy and well known stage.. What a shame, not sure whether I should continue or not

Also 2nd stage retired, after a good start at SS3 I had a huge spin - bad time there after all.

SS4 with only 1 small mistake, otherwise went pretty good. Had a decent start in SS5, went carefully but then again 2 crashes and a retirement.

SS6 was good with a slight mistake in the last split. SS7 with a default setup went just terrible. I wasnt aware that there is going to be such a stage as Canyon, did it for the first time and obviously sucked at it.

Retired SS9 and SS10, even worse time than before at SS11.

Finished 6 stages out of 14. Yeah..

Thanks for the rally though, it was indeed fun and challenging. Maybe things would have been different if I wouldnt have retired the very first stage in such a stupid way but meh. It was great, thanks!

Right. That was...interesting ;)

SS1 - Okay, needed a longer gear ratio though, kept limiting on the straights

SS2 - Terrible, one of the most trickiest stages in RBR aside from pribram. Flipped badly and broke the front left wheel, and it randomly CFH'd me twice :(

SS3 - Better, again wrong ratio choice, but the broken wheel didnt really hinder me, just hold the wheel in a different place ^^ Sliding wide near the start did cost me time though.

SS4 - Very meh, with a spin at the start, and i think the default suspension setting are far too low for those bumps

SS5 - Excellent, with the fixed setup and gear ratios :) felt much faster and didnt lift as much as before
SS6 - Things are starting to get better as I'm getting back into my groove again, hope it lasts.

SS7 - Nice and quick, got a bit wide in a couple of places but on the whole it was good. Handbrake works :p
SS8 - Bizarre, the surface made the car seem a bit too... sensitive? I dunno.

SS9 - Always a favourite of mine, I love the fast that its tricky but rather fast, and this car is great for technical bits ^^ with the right driver that is. (not me)

SS10 - Probably a PB there, went absolutely bollocks out on that stage :thumbsup: still probably not good enough for a overall fastest by a mile though.
SS11 - Went good, sliding a bit more than last time though.

SS12 - went okay until I went headfirst into a tree at the end >_____> misheard the note

SS13 - Went alright, hit the widows button as i was saving the replay so it went out of the game and I couldn't reenter :O it also says i am retired but I DID NOT, I got 05:11.61 (yes I know I'm slow :p)

SS14 - at the very start it said StealthSCG - Retired of the W. wth? :confused:
It went okay, i did not retire again (RSRBR playing up i guess) and I have replays for all but two of the stages if needed :) (accidentally clicked out of RSCenter without grabbing a screen)

On the whole it was a mixed bag really, not the best round this year by far, but not bad for somebody that hasn't played RBR at all since the last championship round!! :ninja:

good luck to all the rest of you participating, I sure needed it! hehe

I hope I can make the US4 session. I have class tonight and it technically ends 15 minutes before the start of the rally but we are usually out a few minutes early. So i will either just make it or just miss it.

I have a 14 points lead. Let's say I come on the place behind Sion in the remaining rallies. With him winning, and me second. He will gain 21 points.
And then of course, the other drivers arrive, so it can easily be people between me and Sion.
But, for the championship, anyone else than Sion winning, is good for me! Of course, I'd like it to be me, so I can win the championship on my own. But, I'll take all the help I can get! ;P

Indeed! You certainly are a fly in the ointment Tom! ;) I'm loving it really making me want that title more! And its good to have more competition in the 2WD's to make it more interesting.

I've been pretty quiet on this event so far, mainly due to not having been on the forum in almost 2 weeks due to various things! So tonight is going to be a bit of a challange. Gona have a quick run over some of the USA stages in a mo as there still relatively unknows to me (I prefer tight technical stages to long straight and sweeping).

Lets see how I get on and see you all on the other side!

The 2WD Cup is hotting up! :D

Sion

So here we are. Mexico! The land of big hats and siestas! And this years fastest rally! Let's bring it on! :D

Pre-Race: Some testing (which I usually don't do). Went OK.

SS1 - Fraizer Wells Run 1: Darn nervous. I really feel that I should prove my worth in this rally... Not good to be starting out this nervous. A bit "laggy" driving. Not any actual lag. But my driving wasn't the most rythmical. But a good stage nevertheless. 4th in session 17 seconds in front of Sion. The fight has started!
SS2 - Hualapai Nation II Run 1: Went off very early. No damages, no loss on control. Heading back onto the road. The game decides that I'm too far away, and gives me an automagical CfH. Looses around 40-45 sec on that. Other than that. Easy pace on the stage. Takes 15 more seconds on Sion.
SS3 - Diamond Creek II Run 1: Just like Hualapai, not a stage I really enjoy. Made one little mistake, lost around 5 sec on that. But I got 7.5 more sec on Sion. Important for me.

Service # 1: Apart from the mistake and forced CfH on SS2, I'm very happy. Driving fast enough atm. Should just keep this now.

SS4 - Fraizer Wells Run 2: Great stage. A little problem at the start of sector 3, when the photograph was in the road. Not used to that. Else than that. Awesome. Got 18 sec on Sion!
SS5 - Hualapai Nation II Run 2: Hah! I managed to get past where I went off last time. Then thought I had control. Just forgetting about where I only just got through last time. Now I rolled.
The thing with the Volvo is that it very very rarely rolls on its wheels again. But on the plus side. It very rarely roll multiple times. Which in turn makes it "impossible" to get heavy damage on wheels and suspension. Lost 32 sec to Sion though! The fight is back on!:cautious:
SS6 - Diamond Creek II Run 2: Now. This is a stage that I'm able to drive without mistakes. But I just cannot drive fast on this stage. Even if my life depended on it! Happy this time around though. Don't think I could've gone 1 tenth faster! :D Also managed to pull out 12 sec on Sion. Happily for me!
SS(S)7 - The W Run 1: The W. A short, slow, tight stage. All the opposite of what fits my car. I'm even sure that on the most tight and twisty part, I cannot get the car around without going outside the road. Unless the car bends like a banana (or bend it like Beckham). However, I love the stage:inlove: And I managed to get one more sec advantage over Sion:ninja:

Service # 2: Not so happy this time around. The Hualapai Nation stages ruined my hope of a rally win. Other than that. Aaawwweeesome!

SS8 - Canyon Run 1: Another fun stage. Reminds me hell a lot about one of the first Rally USA stages from CMcR Rally 04. Got just a half second on Sion. But this stage I went wide, drifting around! Lots of fun. Not effective at all!:giggle:
SS9 - Prospect Ridge II Run 1: Another stage where I'm not very confident. It feels like this rally is well balanced for the 2WD class. The first 6 stages fitted my huge Volvo better than the small, nimble FWD's. While the last stages ain't that good for a huge sideways-going car. Anyway, managed to pull out a huge 20sec more from Sion on this stage. Back to over a minute between us now:sneaky:
SS10 - Mineshaft II Run 1: Woah. I like the stage, with 4WD, but even then, I'm almost too much sideways. This stage was filled with luck, and even more luck! Managed to drag out 13 seconds more on Sion.

Service # 3: Rally so far looking good. I have 1min15sec on Sion. Which in theory should be enough. But you'll never know what I'll do. I was in the lead in a club rally with well over a minute. And retired on the last stage. The same can happen here!

SS11 - Canyon Run 2: Like I said, you'll never know what I'll do. Two spins. Lost out 11 sec to Sion. Are the nerves getting to me?:unsure:
SS12 - Prospect Ridge II Run 2: Was 13 seconds slower than last time around. But got 0.5 sec on Sion. Two stages left. Getting nervous again. This is almost unbearable(typo me guess).
SS13 - Mineshaft II Run 2: Holy Macaroni! On the start I realized the water broke!!! Or... at least that the radiator was broken! But the car lasted the stage at least! Was 2 sec faster second time around. And managed to extend the lead over Sion with 10 seconds! Back up to 1.16 ahead! And that should be easy to keep on The W... If my car holds together for two more minutes!!
SS(S)14 - The W Run 2: A fun run! The car held togheter. Sion beat me with two seconds. Bringing the difference down to 1.14. I decided to take a "fun" finish. So if I loose to Tom or Silvio with 1 second. I will never forgive myself! Ever!:rolleyes:

At the finish: Overall quite happy with the rally. The two Hualapais, second run on Canyon, and second run at Prospect Ridge II robbed me of any chance of a win in the 2WD class. But still, it's been the most fun I've had since Rally Norway! Good driving tonight Sion! :D

PS: I'm just aware of myself, Sion, Tom and Silvio driving 2WD in this rally. That's why I haven't mentioned anyone else (if there is anyone else) :)

That makes sense. I'm glad that I'm not screwing things up to bad, just making them more interesting!

Indeed! You certainly are a fly in the ointment Tom! ;) I'm loving it really making me want that title more! And its good to have more competition in the 2WD's to make it more interesting.

I've been pretty quiet on this event so far, mainly due to not having been on the forum in almost 2 weeks due to various things! So tonight is going to be a bit of a challange. Gona have a quick run over some of the USA stages in a mo as there still relatively unknows to me (I prefer tight technical stages to long straight and sweeping).

Lets see how I get on and see you all on the other side!

The 2WD Cup is hotting up! :D

Sion
Thanks! Is it true there will be no 2WD championship next year? I may not do the championship here next year for other reasons but that will be a deciding factor. If not, could we form our own by using 2WD cars in the P-RDRC?

I just finished my day one and it was OK. Nothing special just being safe.

I did have trouble braking in the tight turn on SS3 just before the last downhill section and on SS5 but I was calm and managed to brake before some spectators.

By the way, I like this way of reporting on your rally. Am I making you nervous? Because you're doing that to me :thumbsup:
You are not making me nervous! :D I'm perfectly able to do that myself c",)
I still think, whatever happens in the rest of the rally. That the Hualapai Nation stages will decide how it ends for me :p Oh, and I'm afraid of the double Mineshaft-run. Not a stage that I like with my sideways driving style!

Ah, feels good to be back to the championship again! After a couple of practises in Hualapai 2 (and going off every single time in the first 300m) I decided to take it super carefully, remembering that it pays off.

Loop1: Really steady and snail paced as usual, great to finally be using the G25 with the H-shifter, clutch and the wheel at 792 degrees (had to dig up on the net to find what the real turns on an Evo VI are!). A couple of small offs in Diamond Creek 2 but luckily no stones on the way.

Loop2: Started off with a false start, but still managed the first stage with no problems. Then came the disaster, simply falling down the ravine at a 4 right in Hualapai 2, would not go any further. Another big disappointment afterwards as I had a hefty off in Diamond Creek 2 but managed to nurse the car with gearbox problems, only to crash out in that darn last corner after the flying finish and killing the engine in the process. Luckily The W went well and lifted the moral up!

Loop3: Again a very steady approach especially on Prospect Ridge, and it paid off as I finished all the stages here without any incident.

Loop4: At the beginning of Prospect Ridge hit a small tree on the inside of a corner which caused the bonnet locks to fail. Had to brake hard and nearly stop a couple of times when the bonnet came up and blocked my vision. Unfortunately this time I was yet another victim of the cattle grid, not slowing down as much as I did on the previous loop. Still managed to save the replay, but of course the car would not start on the second run of Mineshaft 2. And again The W brought back the smile at the end of the rally.

A big thank you to the organisers for setting up the event yet again, really appreciated for the time and effort! As I drive so slow I noticed the Corona Rally Mexico banners on the side of the track, really adds up to the immersion, well thought! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 40 27.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 30 20.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 27 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 11.5%