RDRC S4 Round 1 - Rally of Norway (3rd March - 6th March 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roy Schroten Report.

SS1: Went good. Made almost none mistakes.
SS2: Went good although I had alittle spin which costed me around 10 sec.
SS3: Almost felt into the ravine and got stuck for 20 sec. Lost 40 sec on that stage :*(

SS4: Disaster! Engine broke after I hit a tree on the inside of a corner.
SS5: Don't know if this SS counts as I retired in SS4? Well, it went great so I hope it does.
SS6: Don't know if this SS counts as I retired in SS4? It went quite good, better than the one at SS3.

SS7: Went good
SS8: Went GREAT. made no mistakes and loved the stage!
SS9: Went good
SS10: Had massive understeer but didn't lose toi much time.

SS11: Went good
SS12: Again the stage I liked. But now I spun one time, losing 5 sec.
SS13: Went better then SS8, so I was happy after I finished.
SS14: Went good, and was happy to finish :)

Was great to drive the first stages with DJ :) and seeing what times he had, untill my DNF ofcourse :(

If I hadn't retited I think I could sneek into top 5. But then, I don't know the rest of your times ;)

SS1: Took it easy on the first stage. Had a really good pace with the setup i have on the car. Made small contractwith a tree and end up with a small bit of damage.
SS2: Was nursing the car as the car just didn't not feel 100%
SS3: Engine went due to a light contact with a post.
SS4: Same for stage 4
SS5: And 5
SS6: Had a more cleaner run through and was only 45 secs down on the fastest WRC car i think.
SS7: Took it easy as it was a night sage set the best time through this stage.
SS8: I was in the zone car feeling great. End up fastest of my class by 40 seconds
SS9: Went wide through some places. Lost a few seconds to ross.
SS10: Was quick even through i rolled the car. overtake ross for 3rd in my class
SS11: Pushed a bit more and went fastest then the run before
SS12: could not find the grove like before. Rolled the car two times but manage to bring the car home
SS13: Had to carry wheel rim damage from the stage before. But it did not stop me from setting a quicker time through the stage.
SS14: Second run through was not as fast but it manage to bring me home in one piece.

My pace was more stronger then expected, with no retirements and a few less mistakes and i could of been in a position to score strong points. Snow rallies were never my strong suit but looking at my pace i am looking follow to the rest of the season. Bring on coffs harbour rally.

Quite interesting: Those stages that showed Roy as retired, his default stage time was quicker than mine, and I wasn't taking a nap.

Just incase the default times are not harsh enough.

Quite interesting: Those stages that showed Roy as retired, his default stage time was quicker than mine, and I wasn't taking a nap.

Just incase the default times are not harsh enough.
Could you be more specific? Which stages? Which session? Which Roy?

I'm guessing the rallyesim system got you confused. If you retire from one stage, you're listed as retired for all stages until the next service.

Roy Schroten Report.

SS4: Disaster! Engine broke after I hit a tree on the inside of a corner.
SS5: Don't know if this SS counts as I retired in SS4? Well, it went great so I hope it does.
SS6: Don't know if this SS counts as I retired in SS4? It went quite good, better than the one at SS3.

Surely if you DNF on ss4 then you can't start ss5 with a destroyed car? I DNF'd ss4 and sat out ss5 to repair the car, and then was able to start ss6 with a repaired car. (but ended up DNF'ing that too!) Seems like a bug there?

Oh dear, looks like i've lost an entire stage then!
I'm afraid so.

It's listed in the rules even:
If you retire (DNF) from a stage your vehicle is automatically repaired to new with the exception of the body panels (opening bonnet, doors.) If a driver finishes a stage with an extremely damaged vehicle they can select the ”REPAIR NOW” button between stages. Doing this will cause the driver to be retired from the NEXT stage but start the following stage with a repaired vehicle.

Btw: What happens if you get a false start? Does the time you started too early get added to the time of the stage or you get a pre-determined time penalty(E.g. 10 seconds)?

You get a 10 sec penalty. That one is added to the time while you are driving. However, if you start on "three" I think the total penalty is 13 sec. if you start on "two" the total penalty 12 sec and so on :)

Please post photos in the rallyworld thread.

I edited it for a reason. 15 high resolution images, over 1MB each, is too much to load and scroll through.
If you can't put thumbnails, it will have to be links.

Ok, now that's much better than just edit them with no advice, I first thought it was a bug :) thanks.

I will post them in Rally World but it's ridiculous that they edited them there too (in the right tread) I put them to be visible, If only links are going to be visible then I'd rather don't share them.

Yawn, there you go again with your one track mind

FYI, i was refering (as most do) to the season i ran in :p

We're all running the same season Nigel.

Ok, now that's much better than just edit them with no advice, I first thought it was a bug :) thanks.

I will post them in Rally World but it's ridiculous that they edited them there too (in the right tread) I put them to be visible, If only links are going to be visible then I'd rather don't share them.
Well, consider other people perhaps? Bandwidth, or screen size issues. Add thumbnails, imageshack offers those by default if I'm not mistaken.

I got that scare when entering the forum with my phone at work today, it took ages for me to load this thread with all the images :p
Click this link to see how it will look with the thumbnails :) I have no idea how Joakim found it, though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.9%