RDRC S3 Round 4 - Kouvola Auto-Ralli (17 Sep - 21 Sep)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will change to the OC2-session today, as I have a race in the RDTCC at the time of the EU2-session :)
I have enjoyed myself under practise for the rally, let's hope the results will be as good as my feeling before the event :)

Don't worry about that Viesturs. That is something the guys running the offical rallyesim championships use. For the RDRC you only retire the stages you don't finish, the others will show your time and be included in the results, don't worry.

Ah OK, well this rally was failure for me anyways. And yeah, Chris told me this too. Good to know. I actually thought to skip 3rd stage but then I thought I might just do it for practice :p

Um-upon successful completion (a spin and minor off) of SS1 RSCenter took me directly to SS3 with no opportunity to run SS2.

What gives?

Am I allowed a restart?

Will be tough to work in next week-very, very busy.

Really frustrated as I made time to get this rally done today... :(

5 minute default time. Is it possible you took longer than that from the start of the rally?

Anyway, no restarts I'm afraid. Would set a bad precedent, anyone who crashed on a stage could ask for a restart.

I really disagree with this. 5 minutes is too narrow a window.

I jumped in immediately, put in my setup (had to do a reinstall this week), and drove. My stage time was 2:16. I must have been right at the 5 minute mark.

What's worse is in hopes of a restart I stopped my rallly. Is that really it Senad?

If so this stage should be kicked out-It is unreasonable for a stage of this length to have such a narrow window of completion.

Other stages of similar lengths have much longer sompletion times-Rally School has a longer completion time than this...

I really disagree with this. 5 minutes is too narrow a window.

I jumped in immediately, put in my setup (had to do a reinstall this week), and drove. My stage time was 2:16. I must have been right at the 5 minute mark.

What's worse is in hopes of a restart I stopped my rallly. Is that really it Senad?

If so this stage should be kicked out-It is unreasonable for a stage of this length to have such a narrow window of completion.

Other stages of similar lengths have much longer sompletion times-Rally School has a longer completion time than this...

Rally School actually has 4:30, as far as I know?

Anyway, the stage won't be kicked out this late. All stages that are used have been listed for a while now, plenty of time for anyone to try them and report any issues. Also, there never was and most likely never will be an option to restart your rally once you started.
I'm sorry to say so, but you're out of luck here.

Had a great rally in the OC2 session, finished all stages with not a single off or call for help or even an oops, kept it nice, smooth and hopefully quick and really enjoyed all the stages.

Bad luck James with your problems not nice when that kind of stuff happens. Good luck to the rest of Team Terror Australis and all the other drivers still to run.

Thanks again to the admin team for all their work.

My replays can be found AT THIS LINK and I'll also put them in the replays area for the highlights guys.

Cheers Al

"Failed to load track" at the second pass at Savo. Why?
That ruined my rally, I guess, as the others seem to be able to run it in the session...

My rally summary:

SS1 - Reversed FFB on a rallycar is tough! Struggeled big time just to keep going straight forward!
SS2 - Some roadside repairs fixed the car for this one, and I am pleased with my run. Have driven faster on snow, though :tongue:
SS3 - For some reason this stage was more slippery than the last one with dry tyres. 2 spins on this one.
Service 1 - Leading the session coming here, proves to be a good start. Continue to keep it steady.
SS4 - Felt good, okay speed and no incidents.
SS5 - The satisfaction of a good run on this stage is uncompeted :)
SS6 - Left the road early, and could not find the pace here. No damage to the car is always a plus.
Service 2 - Leading the session after the first day. Satisfied with the run, no bigger problems and keeping it on the road. Will try to maintain the pace on day 2.

SS7 - Very pleased with this one, felt really good throughout :)
SS8 - Pleased with this one aswell. A bit defensive on the second half, maybe.
Service 3 - Keeping the pace and momentum, very pleased with the first 2 of the day. Will be tough the next 4 without any service between.

SS9 - Okay run, a bit defensive.
SS10 - Again a fast run, allthough with a couple offs...
SS11 - Failed loading track... I got to the start of Cote D'Arbroz. WHy?
SS12 - An okay run. A bit wild after not being able to drive the previous stage.

Overall satisfied with my rally, very pleased with my speed and not messing it up as I usually do. But that Savo-thing really annoys me, really angry for this to happen. And all I get from this now will be "tough luck, kid"... Dang...

Sorry to hear that Roy. I was wandering what happened when I looked at results. Your first position at OC2 was ruined cause that..
I had pretty good run, few mistakes at last 6 stages, liked the feel of my new car!

My rally summary:

SS1 - Very nice stage for me, fastest in EU1!
SS2 - Very nice stage for me, fastest in EU1!
SS3 - Very nice stage for me, fastest in EU1!
Service 1 - Leading the session coming here, proves to be a good start.
SS4 - Very nice stage for me, no idea if I was the fastest.
SS5 - Sikama, the stage I hate. Crashed out and got gearbox problems, water got hot and I stopped 2,8 km before the finish.
SS6 - Left the road early, and could not find the pace here, mostly because of the gear box got stuck at third gear, and the "fast left" is yeah, not that easy to take fast...
Service 2 - Leading the session after the first day. Satisfied with the run, no bigger problems and keeping it on the road. (J/k)
SS7 - Went great.
SS8 - Faaaaaaaaaaaast! :tongue:
Service 3 - Keeping the pace and momentum, very pleased with the first 2 of the day. Will be tough the next 4 without any service between.

SS9 - Wiiii, my car search for trees!
SS10 - Again, the car stopped..
SS11 - Went great, but I still hate this track.. (Confusing yes, and yes, I crashed out and needed to retire...)
SS12 - I had the pace on the Laitse Rally Park stages.

Overall satisfied with my rally, very pleased with my speed and not messing it up as I usually do. But that Savo/Sikama of some stages...:angry:

(Based on Roy's post but with personal edits. :wink:)

Reading this makes me wonder how I even got to drive Savo twice! Actually, I'd better not driven themxD

Btw: How does the service park work with repair? Does it automatically repair when reaching the service?

I pressed it being curious, and the strange German translation of the pop-up told me something like I'd retire the stage if I do. What?:eek: So I better did not.

I wonder how far I'll be up the rankings with 3 small mistakes and the fugly Savo story.

Erik, I wonder what your total time is...

It said "failed to load track" and sent me to Cote D'Arbroz instead. I could have driven that one and clocked a faster time, but still :tongue:

Btw: How does the service park work with repair? Does it automatically repair when reaching the service?

I pressed it being curious, and the strange German translation of the pop-up told me something like I'd retire the stage if I do. What?:eek: So I better did not.

The car is automatically repaired at the service.
The repair button is used if you want to repair your car in between services, and yes, you will retire on the stage on which you do that.

The car is automatically repaired at the service.
The repair button is used if you want to repair your car in between services, and yes, you will retire on the stage on which you do that.

Thanks Senad. The German translation poses more questions than answers:tongue:

Thankfully, the stages I damaged my car was just before the service.

Two things:

1/ Roy, I am sorry to hear of your issue with the Savo stage. I'll be running some tests on all of the BTB stages to be used for the rest of the season and i am looking at making some changes for next season.

2/ I noticed after Roy retired from stage 11 that the penalty time was 16mins. As we did for Limbo we will adjust it down to 10mins.

Also, I will be conducting a review of all of the BTB stages we will use for the rest of the season to make sure I haven't missed any issues like this again as well as a possible rethink for season 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes