RDRC S1 - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perrogney! What a stressful stage! With my no practice style I was really scared of the pace notes fails... :D But I am careful as I am driving for Lee so no big troubles so far :) I am scared of the whole Japan... lets see what we got

How to see others results? I see only mine - so I'm 1st ;)

When they finish a stage, their time shows up on the list. If you finished before everyone else, you have to wait for them to finish, and click the refresh button.

Or, you can just drive the next one, and when you finish, come back and see how they did in the stage before.

There are a couple of buttons on the top right side, refresh, home, and a magnifying glass. Refresh is refresh :D. Home brings you back to the stage list, and you can click on them to see everyone's stage times. The magnifying glass shows the total rally time up to that stage.

Lots of mistakes - especially in 2nd party of rally.

Last stage touched barriers and lost brakes then engine overheated - sad end...

Hope next time I'll do better :) but I really liked it, so You're gonna see me again!

One not understandable car fail in the longest stage can ruin you the whole day of the best rally I have ever drove :( I am very... :( sad, so much time lost just because of game stupidity... sorry Lee :(

Jumped in to the rally, dicovered that it was on stage 7:confused:, realized I was in the extra session.
Got into the EU session in time for stage 2, puh

One retirement + one skipped > OK

I liked the japanese stages in Gravel mode.

But all in all to many misstakes but still fun:)

WOW, what a master class we were given tonight. I drove well but not at my best, but to be betten by 54 secs in Noiker was amazing. Seb ended up betting my third place by 5 mins+. I am now SURE his last name is Loeb. Looked like a great battel between him and Jakub for the first few strages

Good rally overall for me. A few small mistakes and a couple of spins dropped my times a bit but overall I'm happy with the result. I will be practising A LOT for the next round though, I don't like to be beaten;)

Thanks to everyone who drove tonight and good luck to the OC, US, drivers. You will have to pull your fingers out for this one.

Just finished the SS12... Pressure was on through the entire rally. Started nicely, leading the Premier (albeit by 1s only) despite some moments, then lost it on SS2 (Perrogney). It's easy to overdo a corner here, since there are many fast sections and no collision model. But I nearly gave up after SS3, where I went too fast into a fast-four (or easy, dunno) and kissed a tree. Guess what? My specialty, locked gearbox! Luckily it was the most fitting one, 4th, and I even managed to regain some time lost due to CFH. End of first loop, frustration builds up.

SS4 just killed me. Was going really nice and smooth, yet without risking, fighting the urge to push, and I "did a Hirvonen" (landed in not the best way possible, which send me on the seemingly flat grass, got sideways, rolled. Murphys law - stopped on roof.), and lost time waiting to get rolled back on the wheels again. I almost cried at this point :p. On the second run of Perrognay I pushed harder, was faster than earlier (my 4th run total there, mind you :)), but still got beaten by almost 15s by Gaten, and by Ludovic. SS6 was the first one breaking the failure cycle, was able to bite back for over 3s despite going wide on the exact same corner as earlier, just barely missing the gear-locking tree; real dark in the dusk, light should be on IMO. End of day one.

Noiker in the myst. Was scared to death. I barely know a few parts of this stage (mostly first couple hundred meters) and when visibility is this bad your pants are full here with such imperfect pacenotes. Avoided any risks and was fastest in Premier EU here, but... by 2 seconds! On the Noiker! In fog! Crazy stuff :). SS8 was a blast, was able to be 3rd overall, beaten only by Sebastien and Simone; this curvy, technical stages seems to suit me - when I'm not falling off a cliff just before the finish line, that is... SS9 was also good, even WRCs just could be much faster than the N4s, since there wasn't much room to stretch the gears here either. Gaetan run into problems here, so there was only Ludovic to catch. End of day 2, loop 1.

Noiker on the dry - I was pushing quite strongly, got over 30s to make up to my Nemesis, "Solcius" :]. And it worked - after Noiker I was leading the Premier EU, all those almost-too-fast corners paid off :). Another run of Tanner was a blast, 3s faster than earlier, but SS12 surprised me; maybe it was the weather, but the road seemed so unfamiliar, that I spun the Subie in the first sector, causing my blood pressure to raise seriously, as my advantage was really small and I badly wanted not to screw it up, just adding to the pressure. Luckily I managed not to crash and lost only 5 seconds to Ludovic here :).

Great rally, reminded me why I love N4 so much, especially the N14 Impreza. You can really feel the car's mass through FFB, which makes the handling way more intuitive, you can rely on the feedback and drive more naturally; great stuff.

Thanks for the event, Rick, Senad, Warren and anyone behind the scenes; thanks for the top-notch tough competitions to all participants. It was simply great!

... when I'm not falling off a cliff just before the finish line, that is ... but SS12 surprised me; maybe it was the weather, but the road seemed so unfamiliar ... Thanks for the event, Rick, Senad, Warren and anyone behind the scenes; thanks for the top-notch tough competitions to all participants. It was simply great!
+1 on all of these, great to see one of the fast guys having the same notions as the ultimate slow guy. Fantastic event again, longish report tomorrow.

Round 3 is over.

Very disapointed with my internet provider as the connection dropped at ss.5 and my game dropped to desktop at ss.7, connection problems again. 2 DNF's which have cost me about 11 min and possible podium in EU, would have finished 5 min behind Sebastien:frown:

But on a positive note i,m well encouraged with my driving as i've made some progress. After the last club event i was gobsmacked why didn't i enjoyed those cars, and came to conclusion i must be at fault. All my circut racing was leaving a trail on my driving in RBR, hard on power and hard on brakes, not a good combination in rallyling. So i took very relax aproach and changed my style completely, let the car roll and try to find a rthym for it. And it worked, i wasn't pushing hard but still was beating my PB's:D, with ease. Also my new wheel setup had play a big part in this improvement , had some time today with the ingame wheel options:redface:. Still a lot to learn for me but i,m on right track:D:tongue:

Grats to Sebastien, Simone and Rick, will give you better challenge next time , i promise:wink:
Will have some material for your video Senad, very enjoyable and eventful drive was for me.

GL guys :)

It has been great to read these race reports.. in 7 minutes ill be embarking on my run. I admittedly have had no practice due to school and other obligations (blah!) so i will have to play the cautious approach and see what fortune comes my way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back