RDMNOS S1 - Discussion

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
RDMNOS.jpg

General discussion thread for the Monday Night Oval Series by RD

As you can see in the information thread we will driving with the Chevrolet Silverado. However the tracks at this point are undecided and we would love to hear your input.

Also any other questions with regards to the RD Monday Night Oval Series can be asked here.

I am very interested in your league but if it's running with 7 or 8 cars is not interesting as we did in ARCA. I think you might have the best lineup by placing a day of championship weekend and by causing a good pub on the official forum iRacing and can be started with Daytona with the true number of turns made by truck and to a stream.

my calendar idea

Daytona 100 laps
Darlington 147 laps
Charlotte 134 laps
Bristol 200 laps
Michigan 100 laps
Las Vegas 140 laps
Iowa 200 laps
Kentucky 150 laps if is release
Talladega 100 laps
Martinsville 200 laps
Homestead 150 laps

and please dont stop the race by time

Count me in, weekends will probably see greater numbers as it will allow both EU and US members to race. I think a mixture of tracks would be best, trying to include as many default tracks as possible as it will attract a wider audience. Definitely Charlotte, and maybe save a super speedway for the final event so people dont get put off it is turns out to be a demolition derby.

I will contact a few guys and try to generate some interest for this, great cars (trucks) and make for great racing.

I love Eric's track list it has a nice mix of all. Dont think oval racing is really dead here just catering for hour UK drivers makes it very hard for me to commit. I do understand it though but starting a race at almost 9pm local is just something i wont be able to do on a monday. Wish we could make some sort of poll for the drivers that do wanne race this, asking at what time and day it fits them best, and then make a decision.

I dont read all the forums but i really did not read as such a negative Bram, in the end we all come here for the same thing. Maybe he is just excited to get the oval league going :)
If there is anything i could do to help out getting this organized drop me a pm.

Dont be always so negative mate, I am working 23 hours a day on RD to do a lot of things the best way I can. Really dont need such comments if there is a lack of activity for a while.

Instead of whining, take some responsibility yourself to get things organised.

Dont be always so negative mate, I am working 23 hours a day on RD to do a lot of things the best way I can. Really dont need such comments if there is a lack of activity for a while.

Instead of whining, take some responsibility yourself to get things organised.

Sorry for my word but if this method works for open the discussion here concerning a serious oval league for me is good. in my memories on ARCA sim racing i placed full time here to paint cars for the members for the best of this racing club for anything, i have discuted to Steve Jones for joint RD with their members at TRM league for saved ARCA at RD without your permission and this experience was a very bad thing for Steve because of some reason , if i have the possibillity to help the community i make and if i have the possibillity to help the develloppement of stockcar racing here in futur i will make without problem. For organised a league is not a job for 1 person same if you have 23 hour of job here.

My idea- Monday is bad for oval racing, better if you place on day weekend in my opinion for possibillity to have American and Canadian oval racer interrested to running here.

cars- for me COT B or A is better and most difficult and interesting, but truck is fun too

Calendar- my idea is taken the same calendar of Iracing, give the possibillity to all to practice on race session before the official Iracing race service. placed race at Daytona 1 week before the official World tour 2012 and the other race proposed by iracing.

possibility to make Stream of the race for give the possibility to RD members to see and give the motivation to joint the league.

placed annoncement on RD front page and Iracing Forum with professionnal banners and used the strong thing of RD make for other series for make a great attendance.

the responsability, i think is my responsability, take my member place to given my idea and my opinions. With experience here on ARCA i have some reason to have negative comment but if some view point change face of oval racing here to given a bigger place than ARCA in the past my opinion change. in my opinion if you have this idea close the idea of nascar fun race, it's not fun to race with less than 10 cars, the ideal is beetween 15 and 20 cars on track.

I invite poeple interested to run on NASCAR to place your idea.

thanks and sorry in same time for my negative comment and my bad english

the oval side is very dead here
Was about this comment and the ARCA 2 comments lately. But reading back my comment it is indeed too harsh and I apologize for that, sorry Eric.

Oval racing is not dead here or anywhere but it needs to be properly organized. Complaining that things are dead don't make it more lively Eric. I currently have too much on my plate to also start the Monday Night Oval Racing league. The only thing I tried was to see if we could get the old ARCA group back into monday night racing. Low profile league with more fun than competition.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back