RDHCS S9 - Round 6 - 100km (19 laps) - Yas Marina Circuit - Tue 20th Nov 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
event6.jpg

500px-Circuit_Yas-Island.svg.png

The Race Director has some notes for drivers. Please see the track map above for location of Race Direction note:-

All Corners Without Exception – The kerbs are not deemed as track, therefore 2 wheels must be within the white lines, on the tarmac, At All Times. Again, there are NO exceptions to this rule at any point on the circuit. Any exception to this rule is deemed illegal, any advantage gained by this method must be ceded immediately. Report people deliberately and excessively cutting. The worst offenders from previous seasons have not signed up, so I hope that this will be a non-issue this season.

Racing Room must be given to all drivers – and this works both ways. Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved partial overlap fairly.

All points on the track – General Items

Drivers may put on their lights (and keep them on) during a timed qualification lap, so other drivers know to get out of the way when safe to do so.
No lights are to be flashed at any stage, under any circumstances, during the Race Session.
No Chat during the Quali or Race except by Race Control for information.
The Track must be re-entered safely so as not to ruin other peoples races.
Car damage must be assessed realistically to know if it is possible to make the pits or not.

Incidents, Investigations and Penalties

There were no reported incidents from Round 5

As a change from last season, and as a result that I am personally reminding you of each race with the new posts and the PM for passwords, 2 no-shows will mean removal from the League, whether they are consecutive or not.

Please remember, the League staff will only review incidents if they are reported to them.

No report = no review.

Please try and remember the incident reporting guidelines: review, cool off, review again. Only after following the above process, and if you are convinced you still need to report it, should you let the League staff know. Please give as much information as possible during the report (time of incident, drivers involved etc.) Accident reports made within 24 hours of race completion will be ignored.

Any accusations or complaints aired in the Chat during or after a race will mean a penalty levied on the person complaining or making the accusations, even if a subsequent official complaint gets found in their favour. I simply will NOT tolerate any post race finger pointing.

Liveries

You have chosen your car and livery already, and you must only drive your chosen car at any time during an RDHCS event. Every driver has a unique livery in this season of RDHCS.

Reporting Attendance

As GPCOS seems to be down, I will be sending a PM with the round password to all Signed-Up drivers. I will also be running an “Attendance” post. If you are definitely driving, you need to “like” the post. If you are NOT driving (or if you are unsure of attendance) you must post a reply to say so. If there is no response, or if a response is posted after 2 hours before race start time on race day, it will be treated as a No-Show. Again 2 No-Shows will mean removal from the league.

Scoring System

Points are scored down to P20 (75% distance completion required) so people can fight for some points no matter where they are on the track, and hopefully have a season long battle with people around them in the League.

The Distribution is as follows for 100km events :

P1 - 25 pts
P2 - 22
P3 - 20
P4 - 18
P5 - 16
P6 - 15
P7 - 14
P8 - 13
P9 - 12
P10 - 11
P11 - 10
P12 - 9
P13 - 8
P14 - 7
P15 - 6
P16 - 5
P17 - 4
P18 - 3
P19 - 2
P20 - 1

1 point for fastest race lap
1 point for qualifying on Pole

I'm well behind with this one, so I'm not sure when (or if) the briefing will be up.

But the race will be run at 19.00 in game time - the track is floodlit anyway, so why not take advantage of GTL's great time transitions?

Thread open anyway.

Guys, I had strange issue during my practices on this track. First time I thaugt that it's some coincidence (I runned off from the track between 20th and last corner in the gravel on the left side), but it happened for second time and now in much more inproper moment (it was in the meedle of 8-9th corners chicane and it was on the track, not in the gravel).
Now what I experienced: the car for about one second doesn't respond on my actions, wheels going straight and engine is gaining momentum (despite the fact that in this moment I'm trying to turn and press on the brakes). Approximately after one second it ends and I can handle the car. Firstly I thaught that it's a some gravel bug, but when it happens on the track...:O_o: I didn't change anything in my game/profiler settings last time after our last race and I do not experience this in other sims for now and in GT Legends before Yas Marina tests.
Please, if someone had/have similar problem, tell me guys.

I've noticed great effect in this sim! Some Scots are great guide-guys and they motivate to do impossible things as it might seem initially! :D:D
Minus 1 second from PB it's is a proof of this hypothesis. I needed to maintain the desired concentration of the upcoming qualifying and the race and do not do so as I do it usually (i.e. bad). :unsure:

P.S. Thanks to Rolly for the Server!

The first few laps I didn't like this track much, Bimmer felt kinda sloppy at first. But then I made a few adjustments and about 15 laps later I like it.

I just saw that we'll be racing in the evening, have to go see what that will look like.

Sorry for the crash Tim. In my defense, your car was jumping back and forth from my point of view. I was braking at my usual spot, behind you, no issues, but your car then appeared merged with mine and we collided.

Got a track cut for crawling across the sand, avoiding stationary cars. Wasn't my fault.
Got a few more where I went off and crawled back. No advantage gained or anything.
Eventually got a stop and go. Didn't feel like any of it was my fault, so I ignored the marshals. The bastards then disqualified me in the final lap (EDIT: I only did 14 laps? I'm sure I saw 18/19 in XD. Ah well)

The track is much more fun to drive than to watch. Shame I didn't get much practice on it.

Congrats to the podium, and thanks to Stuart

Senad Subasic, no problems mate. The issue was obviously my end, as I got disconnected :(:mad::poop::cry:

And it was looking like a half decent evening too. Tonight my quali time was 2 secs faster than my best offline practice time, and I was doing 1 sec faster laps in the race.

Got a good start, passing Norman who had a bad one, sneaked past Simon into T4, got slighlty caught in Roland & Stuart's altercation, then immediately after that spun up the rears and slid into the kitty litter. Re-joined behind Han's, beat him into T8 after the straight, then got a cut after hitting the sand again. :mad:

I watched as Roland & Hans traded paint under the hotel, went side by side with Roland at the last 2 turns, then watched as everyone puuled away from me on the start finish straight.

Got hit by poor Senad into T8, then I chased Hans for a couple of laps until he went wide at the last corner. I then started to chase Norman, and amazingly, catching them :O_o:. It was approximately halfway through the race that I got disconnected.

However, I did keep to my goal during the race I had: keep it on the track and be as consistent as possible.

Congratulations to the podium, hope my connection is better in Adelaide!

Sorry I couldn't make this Round. I arrived home last night but after 2 days of driving I wasn't in any condition for repeating that on the PC. :rolleyes:
I've also spent ages updating Windows, and heaps of other stuff that was affected, so I wouldn't have been able to be ready in time anyway.

Hope you all had fun, and look forward to seeing most of you in the Club or next Round. Since it's Adelaide (home country), I'd better make a special effort to be there. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back