RDHCS S10 - Round 6 - 100km (29 laps) - GP200 Int'l - Tue 7th May 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
approved.jpg

track.jpg

Track Briefing.

So as you Head of down the pit straight as fast as you can, we come across the first corner a left hander your trying to hit this as fast as you can but still hit the apex . Dropping down the hill with a short blast to the 180 deg right turn 2, You can hold a tight line or late apex to get maximum speed but be careful it easy to loose the rear if you get on the gas to early.
As you exit this corner you are heading to a chicane a left, right, left. The chicane has caught me out a few times already by going in to fast and having to brake and loosing speed on the exit. you need to get the entry correct to get maximum speed for the drag uphill that leads you into the 2 left handers.
Try and keep you speed through these corners they are quicker than you think but try and get a good position for the next right hander it supposed to be a 2 line corner but iv'e yet to master it getting my lines wrong is so easy which result on a big dab of the brakes and loosing time.
When you enter the next right hander its all about the exit to get your car in a good position on the track to allow you to get the power down as we climb to the highest point on the track the car is going to get very light and twitchy.
Now we are heading for a new type of corner in motor racing called the "compression". They say this corner is flat out for the crazy ones, but for me caution is needed I would advise a little lift just to make sure as the car bottoms out.
From the compression we are now into the S'es. We have a flat out right followed by a flat out left. Whilst in the left you may need to start braking and drop it down a gear for the right hander which is off camber and wants to throw you left. Practice is needed to hit this at speed and getting you car in the correct position on entry is so important to allow the car to exit cleanly through the left to drop downhill before starting to rise for the next right.
Again another tricky right hander uphill. You need to get the car tucked in and it seems you have to wait for a life time before you can get on the throttle as the back end often wants to come round on you on this corner. Also make sure you get plenty of lock on as you turn in you don't want to run wide here.
From the right hander its a quick press on the throttle before heading for the final 3 corners.
This is a tight chicane try to keep it smooth keep your speed up but more importantly once again get your car in a good position with the correct speed for your car to take the chicane and exit into the final right hander you need to carefully apply the throttle as you head for the start finish straight.

Please also be aware as with all the tracks, with having such a variety of cars with different characteristics they will be going through corners at different speeds, the lap times may be close but braking points may differ, cars will be later or earlier than you would expect on the brakes and this can catch us out .. So remember what your car needs to get it round the track and don't just follow the car in front.
As always drive safe and have fun

And especially for this track due to the white lines and kerbs being some distance apart
All Corners Without Exception – The kerbs are not deemed as track, therefore 2 wheels must be within the white lines, on the tarmac, At All Times. Again, there are NO exceptions to this rule at any point on the circuit. Any exception to this rule is deemed illegal, any advantage gained by this method must be ceded immediately. Report people deliberately and excessively cutting. The worst offenders from previous seasons have not signed up, so I hope that this will be a non-issue this season.

Racing Room must be given to all driversand this works both ways. Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved partial overlap fairly.
All points on the track – General Items
Drivers may put on their lights (and keep them on) during a timed qualification lap, so other drivers know to get out of the way when safe to do so.
No lights are to be used or flashed at any stage, under any circumstances, during the Race Session.
No Chat during the Quali or Race except by Race Control for information.
The Track must be re-entered safely so as not to ruin other peoples races.
Car damage must be assessed realistically to know if it is possible to make the pits or not.
Incidents, Investigations and Penalties

There were no Incident Reports from the previous round
And the only penalty was more a clarifacation to a result with a penalty levied against
Ondrej Kapal who was given a 2 minute penalty for not taking his drive through for a 3rd cut track warning, he had completed 75% of the race distance and ended in 21st place due to laps completed over lower placings..
Please remember, the League staff will only review incidents if they are reported to them.

No report = no review.

Please try and remember the incident reporting guidelines: review, cool off, review again. Only after following the above process, and if you are convinced you still need to report it, should you let the League staff know. Please give as much information as possible during the report (time of incident, drivers involved etc.) Accident reports made within 24 hours of race completion will be ignored.
Any accusations or complaints aired in the Chat during or after a race will mean a penalty levied on the person complaining or making the accusations, even if a subsequent official complaint gets found in their favour. I simply will NOT tolerate any post race finger pointing.
Liveries
You have chosen your car and livery already, and you must only drive your chosen car at any time during an RDHCS event. Every driver has a unique livery in this season of RDHCS.
Reporting Attendance
I will be sending a PM with the round password to all Signed-Up drivers. I will also be running an “Attendance” post. If you are definitely driving, you need to “like” the post. If you are NOT driving (or if you are unsure of attendance) you must post a reply to say so. If there is no response, or if a response is posted after 2 hours before Event start time (ie 1800 London time) on race day, it will be treated as a "will attend" status, and any absence will be deemed a No-Show. 2 No-Shows will mean removal from the league.
Scoring System
Points are scored down to P25 (75% distance completion required) so people can fight for some points no matter where they are on the track, and hopefully have a season long battle with people around them in the League.
The Distribution is as follows for 100km events :
P01 – 30 pts
P02 - 27
P03 - 25
P04 - 23
P05 - 21
P06 - 20
P07 - 19
P08 - 18
P09 - 17
P10 - 16
P11 - 15
P12 - 14
P13 - 13
P14 - 12
P15 - 11
P16 - 10
P17 - 9
P18 - 8
P19 - 7
P20 - 6
P21 - 5
P22 - 4
P23 - 3
P24 - 2
P25 - 1
1 point for fastest race lap
1 point for qualifying on Pole

well, this was the worst race for me, i've done a good amount of practice, and was familiar with the track, except the downhill left hander, that corner just scares me, i never know how much the car will skid, how wide will it go :O_o:

Had a terrible start, shifted to 2nd gear way too soon, and the car just died ( sorry to the gyus that were stuck behind me :(), the first couple of corners were crazy, with everybody bunched up together, especially at the downhill left ander Peter Van Zaten spun and i also spun to avoid it, but no serious problem occured, had a good battle with Hans during roughly the first half of the race, but them Hans fell a bit behind and left Tim rigth behind me. Then i hit Dave really hard, when he crossed the track when trying to rejoin (no problem mate ;) ), i had some suspension damage from that, i tried to keep going, but the car was too unstable, i pitted for repairs and i was stopped for 128 seconds :confused::cry:, when leaving the pits i forgot to turn the speed limiter back on and got a stop and go penalty, at the end i was 2 laps down from the car in front of me :cry:. When i pitted i put fresh tires to push hard after the pitstop but the car just didn't felt good, it felt like it had no grip and was unstable, some times it oversteered, others it understeered, i just didn't felt comfortable with it, maybe it was just me, but i couldn't have the same pace as before. Although i had fun during the first half of the race and was able to finish the race, and score some points :D

Thank you for the race congratulations top 3 and those who finished :thumbsup:
See you guys next round, hopeully it will be better :D

Not a good race for me... Been away all weekend so didnt get any practice in at all since the night of the last League Race. Logged in to find my wheel wasn't working, rebooted pc, logged in working wheel but button assignments gone... remapped keys/pedals, ffb gone.... logged out.. loaded PLR file backup from March, wheel and ffb working. Sjit I didnt save the setup that I worked on the night of the last race... Portland Setup loaded...

Qualy about 18th, race 16th - sorry to Rui for my idiot move - the Lotus takes some revving to get it moving, especially up hill, i had one wheel off the track as I dropped the clutch it sent me across the track.... sorry for that. Some good laps before that chasing Tim and Jack, but very disheartened after the Rui incident as I saw him drop two laps, sorry again mate.

Thanks RD and Admin for your great work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back