Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question, if it was answered and i didnt see it, im sorry.
At the sign in thread i read this
"Due to the absence of custom skins in RaceRoom Racing Experience we have opted to go for a unique approach where all drivers will be assigned an exclusive car brand and skin. During an exciting pre-qualification event a decision will be made who drives in which exotic GT3 car from the GTR 3 Pack."

Is that means that we dont have the option to choose what car we will drive??

Thank you

I have a question, if it was answered and i didnt see it, im sorry.
At the sign in thread i read this
"Due to the absence of custom skins in RaceRoom Racing Experience we have opted to go for a unique approach where all drivers will be assigned an exclusive car brand and skin. During an exciting pre-qualification event a decision will be made who drives in which exotic GT3 car from the GTR 3 Pack."

Is that means that we dont have the option to choose what car we will drive??

Thank you
Unfortunately Vangelis, you will not be able to choose your own car. As explained earlier, they will assign a car to each slot for the 60 positions in the championship and you will drive the car for the slot in which you qualify.

Unfortunately Vangelis, you will not be able to choose your own car. As explained earlier, they will assign a car to each slot for the 60 positions in the championship and you will drive the car for the slot in which you qualify.

Maybe one of the worst decisions i have ever seen.
So many of us, the regular racers at raceroom club, we have our favorite cars, now we not only have to do the pre qualy with a car that we are not familiar or not even have it, we will be assigned the car that we will race....
We have so many liveries at each car, if the liveries of my first choice ends i will choose my second choice of car. I dont care about what skin i will use, i want to drive with the cars i feel comfy, and i want the same for all racers, we are here to entertain our self's not to get confused.

If that decision stays as it is, i will sign out.
Too many restrictions and choices made from others for us to have fun.

So many of us, the regular racers at raceroom club, we have our favorite cars, now we not only have to do the pre qualy with a car that we are not familiar or not even have it, we will be assigned the car that we will race....
We have so many liveries at each car, if the liveries of my first choice ends i will choose my second choice of car. I dont care about what skin i will use, i want to drive with the cars i feel comfy, and i want the same for all racers, we are here to entertain our self's not to get confused.

If that decision stays as it is, i will sign out.
Too many restrictions and choices made from others for us to have fun.
I completely agree. Unfortunately they made this decision, it has turned some people away, but we have to live with it.

See you out on track sometime! :)

I don't think it's a bad idea, it's different from the usual. What does it matter which car you get? You will have time to learn it. Everyone else is in the same boat. Some of the guys moaning about this and refusing to enter are acting like spoilt kids because they can't have their favourite car. Think of it as a race series where all the car keys are thrown into a hat and you get what you get. It's not like there are lives at stake or that you will be competing for million dollars. It's meant to be a fun pastime. Jeez.:rolleyes:

Vangeli I actually see it as a challenge, to go out of my way and try to adapt and be fast-ish with a car I wouldn't probably choose to drive by myself. Also r3e has so much quality contect and i usually find myself stuck with the same cars, so it is nice to explore it.

Not trying to justify anything just my pov of the matter. Hope you reconsider your decision.

Last edited:
Vangeli I actually see it as a challenge, to go out of my way and try to adapt and be fast-ish with a car I wouldn't probably choose to drive by myself. Also r3e has so much quality contect and i usually find my self stuck with the same cars, so it is nice to explore it.

Not to trying to justify anything just my pov of the matter. Hope you reconsider your decision.

Thanks for the logical reply.
There is nothing to reconsider. Im here to have fun. And im having fun with specific cars. Im driving the Camaro usually and im sure that the guys will be chosen to drive it, they will not be that happy.
Im not inside the fastest drivers and if its something that i have is consistency, i get that from my favorite car.

I dont want this to continue. Im out and i want all of you to have fun.

Edit: I have over 1100 hrs on raceroom, i had the time to test the cars.
Some are not fun for my taste ;)

Last edited:
refusing to enter are acting like spoilt kids because they can't have their favourite car
No it is not to be acting like a spoiled child, it is adapting to the situation. Entering and then moaning would be acting like a spoiled child. We who disagree with the format are also entitled to express our thoughts in the matter, the "keys in the hat" race could be an idea for a fun race but not for a league imo.
Regardless, I wish all the best for the drivers in the GT league and I will watch when I can. :)

Edit: Im not trying to bash you Andy, I like you too much for that.;)

Edit: Im not trying to bash you Andy, I like you too much for that.;)

I know Lars, but bash me if you want to, I'm used to it.:D
I do understand that people can disagree with the proposed format but I personally don't understand the anger. If everyone is in the same boat and you have time to train yourself to whatever car you get allocated, I don't see a problem myself. I'd love to enter with this format but due to family, work and other weekend commitments, it's to difficult for me. And whatever car I got it would still have that damn speed limiter built in and I would only be in it for the fun anyway being as slow as I am.:roflmao::thumbsup:
:)
All the races are supposed to be fun aren't they? I mean it is just pretend racing and is a pastime and hobby.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back