RDGTC Heads to Nürburgring for Round 2!

Lorenzo Bonder

Wah wah.
Flyer Round2.jpg

RDGTC returns this Saturday! The best GT3 drivers in Assetto Corsa will fight for a tightly contested win at the technical Nürburgring! Tune in at 19:05 GMT to follow the action!

Round One of the highly anticipated RaceDepartment GT Championship kicked off two weeks ago in Monza, with 28 drivers divided into 14 teams taking to the ultra high speed straights of the Italian track as the gloves came off and the cars took to the tarmac in anger for the first time.

Whilst there were plenty of battles for position, there were two spots that were out of reach for the rest of the grid. Tuomas Tähtela and Sakke Leponiemi, both drivers for the Finn Team showed a dominant performance while driving their Audi R8 LMS cars, resulting in a 1-2 at the completion of the 48 lap race. Geoffroy Tassenoy, driving the Nissan GT-R NISMO #1 Talking Door Racing car, had an outstanding second stint after driving the longest first stint of the entire field, doing 35 laps out of the 48 total in the race and was rewarded the final podium spot after overtaking Erhan Jajovski of SpeedyMite Racing, in the final laps of the race.

Now, drivers head to the highly difficult, highly technical Nürburgring, where the more aerodynamically efficient vehicles like the McLaren 650S, BMW Z4 and Ferrari 488 can uphold an advantage against their faster opponents in the Nissan GT-R and the Audi R8, as the German track demands both a good setup that can achieve the best compromise between downforce and straight line speed, and remain quick over the course of a 90 minute race.

Can Finn-Team retain the constructors lead? Will Talking Door Racing claim the top spot? Or will we see a new leader in this wide open championship?

Check out our race broadcast, brought to you by Lorenzo Bonder, Davy Vandevenne and making his debut in the RD Broadcasting bunker, Peter Lee! Also chat with fellow sim racing enthusiasts and fans around the globe while watching it!

As always, our thanks to @Davy Vandevenne for providing us the Round 2 spotter guide:
Spotter Guide-R2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that sucked. :thumbsdown:
Touched very lightly a Lamborghini second lap, sent me on the grass but managed to recover it : tyres went from 80°C to 97°C??!! Then spun out of Schumacher S same lap, because of heated tyres: from 97°C to
110°C??!! Is this actually normal?! :mad::confused:
I can not understand this, I see others spin, they just come back on track and continue. I spin, my tyres are fried!! Try to drive
carefully...still spin out.:(
Went into the pit for hard tyres, was going well (even the very early blue flag stage), one spin off once again :( (why? I don't know, it just went understeering all the way then oversteering like mad) while the leader was behind me...again tyres almost wasted. :O_o::O_o:
Able to continue, was actually getting consistent, then a disco!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
FFS, I don't get it, what is with me and simracing failure???!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Freakin out here :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

P.S.: In qualify I did a solid 1:57.4 splitting the slower times of 1:58 and the faster times of 1:56. So tell me WHY were my MEDIUM tyres overheating for no reason but a spin unless track temp went up again?
It's always the same, I do pretty consistent times of 1:57ish and then a race, a spin and there go the tyres all wasted from lap 1.
Pathetic!!

Sorry for closing the door a bit hard on lap 2 (I was the green lambo) on helicorsa it seemed like your were behind me.

Grand Tourist

Enjoying the beautiful world of Assetto Corsa
Sorry for closing the door a bit hard on lap 2 (I was the green lambo) on helicorsa it seemed like your were behind me.
No worries, it was rather crowded :thumbsup:. Just unbelievable it sent me off like that, messing up my rear tyres. Oh well, I got disco'd anyway and I have been trying until now to improve my lap times, but I just can't get below 1:57 :(

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 92 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.9%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 9.9%
  • €3001-5000