RD Summer Fun Contest – The Ugliest Car Ever Made

Twizzy F1
renault-twizy-f1-action-2.jpg

A runner up would be the Ford Indigo, which manages to look beautifull in it's inherent uglyness... But look at that front wing! No wonder it didn't go into production.
c3c968b2bb5077d2affbdce725721c825997e723.jpg

Oh dear oh dear. I went around, and as it turns out the Twizzy is not hte only F1 car renault has made, they also did this. If there was one car here that should stand on top, it's this one...

The Renault Espace F1
sndypaybjg5z.jpg

p9vy27tb3eq9.jpg

If this one doesn't win it, y'all have no taste :p. Look at that splitter! Look at the diffusers! Look at the rear wing.
ON AN ESPACE! I thought the 850R estate was a bit ugly, but daaaamn.

Last edited:
Oh dear oh dear. I went around, and as it turns out the Twizzy is not hte only F1 car renault has made, they also did this. If there was one car here that should stand on top, it's this one...

The Renault Espace F1
sndypaybjg5z.jpg

p9vy27tb3eq9.jpg

If this one doesn't win it, y'all have no taste :p. Look at that splitter! Look at the diffusers! Look at the rear wing.
ON AN ESPACE! I thought the 850R estate was a bit ugly, but daaaamn.

Hmmm, tricky one.

I know where you are coming from on this but for me this was quite a cool (and fun concept).

Created in 1995 it was a concept car built by Matra and Renault. Carbon chassis and carbon Espace like bodywork with full blown V10 F1 underneath. I seem to remember it had all the electrics from the '93 car so it had traction control, active ride and so on. I saw it a few times and it sounded and accelerated like crazy. :geek:

I also liked it because it was made when F1 still had a bit of a sense of humour. The car was built purely for the fun of it.

The rear wing is a bit much I will agree but otherwise I thought it was quite funky looking.

This subject though is quite fun, interesting how peoples views differ so much.

Yes, and back in those days, the first line of cars came with Renault engine. The lucky owners use this engine for 15-20 years without any issues. Our family first car was a Dacia 1100 and my father still has beautiful memories. One of things was, on our dusty roads never gets any dust inside the car, compared with latter car Dacia 1310 in which after 30 min you could write your name in dust on dashboard :)
We also had a cooperation with Citroen (francophone country :p) we made at Craiova Oltcit (Olt the river passes through Craiova and Cit from ...:ninja:)
gethumb.details.php

View attachment 261372

Star trek Logo :)

And another postcard from cold Soviet Russia (actually not, I tired of this heat and wetness)
Lada Oka 1111. Some kind of soviet key-car, copied from Daihatsu, I guess. Extremely low riding comfort, reliability, safety, problems with spare parts because it's not in production anymore (thankfully). Has a half of the engine from first mass production FWD car, 2 cyl 0.65, later 0.75 liters. The latest editions of this had Chinese 3 cyl 1 liter engine, unreliable as hell.
oka-02.jpg

First engine from this one.
500.jpg

Hmmm, tricky one.

I know where you are coming from on this but for me this was quite a cool (and fun concept).

Created in 1995 it was a concept car built by Matra and Renault. Carbon chassis and carbon Espace like bodywork with full blown V10 F1 underneath. I seem to remember it had all the electrics from the '93 car so it had traction control, active ride and so on. I saw it a few times and it sounded and accelerated like crazy. :geek:

I also liked it because it was made when F1 still had a bit of a sense of humour. The car was built purely for the fun of it.

The rear wing is a bit much I will agree but otherwise I thought it was quite funky looking.

This subject though is quite fun, interesting how peoples views differ so much.

For me that's also part of the charm: It's not just an ugly car, it's an unapologetically ugly car :D

main-qimg-5f8393aad593b81ff4f55a08ddd44213-c
4d64ce6baa0be1bd0288ecb42c68ed895a0083cf.jpg
Both cars are as ugly as each other , they even have the same ugly colour !
Zen Classic on top and Ford Ka on bottom .

Last edited:
"Renault" should have a special award for constantly designing ugly cars along the years.

Introducing the Rodeo 5 (late model, around '85) :sick:
renault-rodeo2-3.jpg

earlier model looks like an uglier "Citroën Mehari" (yes, it can be)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.