RD Rally Club - WRC Rally Sweden @ Sweden 15th to 20th February 2024

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
yONYymC.jpeg

This is an AI-Generated image... Might change it later.
So... it's a bit difficult to choose what car to use here. It's really not long ago since we used Rally2. At the same time, we've used Rally1 a couple of times so far. It also seems like they might not be the most popular cars. So for the Rally Sweden edition... we will use WRC2.

Session Open: 15th of February 01:20 GMT to 20th of February 01:20GMT
Cars: WRC2
Itinerary:
Shakedown & 45 Min Service
SS1:
Älgsjön - Morning - Cloudy - 3.4km
SS2: Stora Jangen - Morning - Cloudy - 4.9km
Service - 45 Min
SS3
: Lövstaholm - Morning - Cloudy - 8.2km
SS4: Åslia - Morning - Cloudy - 10.4km
Service - 45 Min
SS5:
Sunne - Morning - Light Clouds - 4.9km
SS6: Åsnes - Afternoon - Light Clouds - 21.5km
Service - 45 Min
SS7
: Vargåsen - Afternoon - Clear - 8.2km
SS8: Hof-Finnskog - Sunset - Clear - 21.5km

Assists & Tuning: Allowed
Hardcore Damage: On!

Have fun!

To participate in the event, you must join our WRC-game Rally Club.
You can also read more about the Rally Club here.

Finished in one go yesterday night, but first figured out how to access the skins behind the first one (by unplugging wheel and using keyboard ...). Picked a nice Skoda skin and off I went. First stage was great but then stuff happened, as in: rolling over, getting lost in the woods, hitting a spectator. Only the very last stage was nice and smooth again. So, bit of a rough ride, but alive and kicking!

swden02.jpg

sweden03.jpg

sweden01.jpg

No time set this week. Rage quit after getting a puncture shortly after beginning SS2, previously rolling in SS1 didn't help the mood to proceed. :unsure:

Edit: ^ Kudos to Roy Magnes, still went on after having to repair a puncture right on SS1.

Last edited:
Ok. So you need to post the time before the rally ends. Good to know!
I also got a puncture on SS1. Other than that, it was going really good until...
(that is a 15 sec clip of where my rally went from quite good, and became "oups")

Arrived in time to see the last stage stream (can't use chat, neither wanted to distract).
Darnit, you still started the last stage ~3m before the event was over, but it still didn't allow to post a time (you'd end 12th overall, doing quick math). Unfortunately, iirc this behavior didn't seem to change since DR2, and it's worse now as dnf entries don't even classify by the end.
Next week will be better :)

Last edited:
Arrived in time to see the last stage stream (can't use chat, neither wanted to distract).
Darnit, you still started the last stage ~3m before the event was over, but it still didn't allow to post a time (you'd end 12th overall, doing quick math). Unfortunately, iirc this behavior didn't seem to change since DR2, and it's worse now as dnf entries don't even classify by the end.
Next week will be better :)

It's good to just double check how it is though :)
I guess I got too confident when I felt like I nailed the very fast bits of the Åsnes/Hof-Finnskog stage, as it was after that I made my mistakes :p

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.