RD Rally Club - WRC Rally Monte Carlo - Rally1 at The Monte 25th to 30th January 2024

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
hNefSIM.jpg
So here we are! The opening round of the WRC-season. Rally Monte Carlo. I guess for the WRC-round events, it might be better to use the Rally2 cars as they are a more perfect mix between user friendly and quick. However. Rally1 and Monte Carlo... It has to be a bit of a challenge as well, no? :)

Session Open: 25th of January 00:00 GMT to 30th of January 00:00GMT
Cars: Rally 1
Itinerary: Wintertime, so more ice on the roads.
Shakedown & 45 Min Service *Pinky Pro Tip: Do 1 Shakedown run to get 1 extra set of tyres!*
SS1:
Moissiere - Morning - Clear - 8.2km
SS2: Ravin de Coste Belle - Morning - Clear - 8.6km
SS3: La Bollene-Vesubie - Morning - Col de Turini - Clear - 9.2km
Service - 45 Min
SS4:
La Maris - Afternoon - Light Clouds - 9.3km
SS5: Ancelle - Afternoon - Light Clouds - 8.0km
SS6: Ravin de Coste Belle - Afternoon - Cloudy - 8.6km
Service - 45 Min
SS7
: Les Borels - Night - Light Snow - 8.6km
SS8: Peira Cava - La Bollene-Vesubie - Night - Light Snow - 18.2km

Assists & Tuning: Allowed
Hardcore Damage: On!

Have fun! and good luck! :thumbsup:

To participate in the event, you must join our WRC-game Rally Club.
You can also read more about the Rally Club here.

today the real life rally ran Sst.Leger to La Batie, which is in the game, twice as stage3 and stage6 of this year's Monte Carlo. here are the real life lap times stage3:
Screenshot 2024-01-26 132953.png

there was still ice on the roads, three of the rally1 cars went off in always the same turn.

lap times stage 6:
Screenshot 2024-01-26 164356.png

Last edited:
did the first three stages and got super lucky middle of stage 2. I must have completely not reacted to a co-driver call, going full tilt into what looked like a "two right" in the replay. In real life, I would have been toast, here the game just reset me with 15 sec. penalty and a blissfully intact car. Phew. I have no clue how to tackle the ice, but that's another story ...

monte01.jpg

monte02.jpg

monte03.jpg

monte04.jpg

did the first three stages and got super lucky middle of stage 2. I must have completely not reacted to a co-driver call, going full tilt into what looked like a "two right" in the replay. In real life, I would have been toast, here the game just reset me with 15 sec. penalty and a blissfully intact car. Phew. I have no clue how to tackle the ice, but that's another story ...

View attachment 724485
View attachment 724486
View attachment 724487
View attachment 724488

I love the livery!

I love the livery!
Yes, Codemaster finally made the livery editor work for us guys with an old 10xy nvidia chip. Now they need to wise up twice: first - let us be able to put the chosen team name and logo from the career mode on the cars; and second: give us a button that duplicates what you did on the right side with one click onto the left side. It's quite tedious doing everything twice and you never totally get it right ...

Well, that was terrible. Had a couple offs in Stage 1 at places I knew I needed to slow down, then went off the side of the mountain at the beginning of Stage 2 (probably at the same spot as @Hartmut2) and that was that. No stutters for me, just overcooked it with no grip (so much for my Soft tire strategy).
20240127134637_1.jpg

20240127134716_1.jpg

Last edited:
next three stages in the bag, sooo slow on ice. I try to find as much snow as possible because: how on earth do you fast guys actually steer on the ice? no way. had two spins, one on ice and one on the degrading snow tires at the dry end of the stage6, they were really shot. Also: The game nixed my skin: when I rejoined today, to my great surprise I had a snow version of my car, lovely monochromatic?!:
monte01.jpg

then went off the side of the mountain at the beginning of Stage 2 (probably at the same spot as @Hartmut2) and that was that.

I made a short youtube video from the Rally "Corsica" we did in the club early, where I think only a couple of guys actually finished the rally. Due to one stage having some scary corners.
A comment on that video mentioned something about "so, you haven't tried that left-corner at Monte Carlo then"...

Soo, was it a left corner?

I made a short youtube video from the Rally "Corsica" we did in the club early, where I think only a couple of guys actually finished the rally. Due to one stage having some scary corners.
A comment on that video mentioned something about "so, you haven't tried that left-corner at Monte Carlo then"...

Soo, was it a left corner?
Yep, left 2 over crest (more like a 1 really), went straight off flying down the steep hill instead, terminal damage. Could've hit the sign to save it maybe.

Did the final two, and man - Ole - you make us sweat. In the end I just wanted to survive. I cannot believe one would actually let these cars out on such pure ice roads as the second to last stage in real life. Don't they use studs anymore? Anyway, couple of spins and half spins, banged into those low walls couple of times using the radiator as crunch zone, just glad, I made it throgh. That was - so far - the most demanding event, thx for setting it up, very curious how many will make it through ...

I still haven't done the rally, but some days ago I did some of the "Moments".
Is this the corner which is the issue in the rally? (video is timestamped, and if it for some reason jumps to an earlier point, 1:16:43 in the vid)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.