RD Rally Club - Slideytime - H2 RWD @ Rally Sardinia - 29th Nov to 3rd Dec 2023

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
sw3i9KP.jpg

Yet again a screenshot stolen from @Oscar Hardwick as he keeps sharing them on Steam!
From modern Rally1-Hybrid monsters on tarmac, we will move to almost the opposite (not quite, it is not H1 on snow), and drag out some old classic RWD cars on the Italian gravel roads at the warm, beautiful island of Sardinia. "Only" 5 stages this time, but the distance will still be great, and the cars are not as fast, so the time spent on the stages means that the concentration needs to be at a top level!

Session Open: 29th of November 00:00 GMT to 3rd of December 23:59GMT
Cars: H2 RWD
Itinerary:
Shakedown & 45 Min Service *Pinky Pro Tip: Do 1 Shakedown run to get 1 extra set of tyres!*
SS1:
Monte Acuto - Morning - Dry - 7.4km
SS2: Bassacutena - Morning - Dry - 7.5km
Service - 45 Min
SS3:
Li Pinetti - Afternoon - Dry - 7.6km
SS4: Littichedda - Afternoon - Dry - 13.3km
Service - 45 Min
SS5:
Monte Olia - Sunset - Dry - 31.6km

Assists & Tuning: Allowed
Hardcore Damage: On!

Have fun! :thumbsup:

To participate in the event, you must join our WRC-game Rally Club.
You can also read more about the Rally Club here.

didn't have internet for a couple of days, so need to do it quickly, i.e. starting right nowish
-
finished the first four, dead last, but this is super fun. Two offs in the first stage with reset needed saw me limp back to service, could just get the major stuff straightened, did stage 3 and 4 really carefully to have a chance to do all repairs before the long stage. Almost worked out, repairs were a wee bit too long, but Opel is as good as new now, so bring on the epic stage (aim: to stay under 30mins ...). First two finishers are soo close to each other, amazing!

Screenshot 2023-12-02 212014small.jpg

love that stadium area at the beginning of one stage

Screenshot 2023-12-02 211853small.jpg

but nearly broke my nose there ...

Screenshot 2023-12-02 214516small.jpg

car in good shape end of stage4

Last edited:
phew, that stage is just stupendous. All went well until about halftime, when - just before that arena bit - my co-driver forgot to tell me there was some armco hidden on the right. Put my front in and then had to nurse a very bruised and skittery Opel home. Managed to stay under 30min., so my prime aim achieved, but dead last in overall standings. Thx Ole for setting this up, thx all participants, hugely enjoying these events :)

Can't believe I've won two rallies now, more than ever before :roflmao:
Those cars are a handful to drive to say the least! First stage was an absolute nightmare, fell off twice and a puncture near the end. I see why people say they are quick to snap around and spin, almost took my wrists with it.. but not this time thankfully :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.