RD Rally Club - Rally Japan 2023 - WRC Rally1 Hybrid @ Rally Japan 22nd to 26th Nov 2023

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
u4SBOtx.png

Screenshot by me. Can you tell?
I am almost a bit sorry for this. I know the last tarmac-rally was hard, but... Rally Japan this last weekend was extremely though as well. It was so hard that we actually saw a Rally4 car, a Peugeot 208 FWD-car score overall points in the World Rally Championship. Yup, that's right. Hiroki Arai, the son of Subaru-legend (at least in Japan) Toshi Arai managed to score a 10th place, and one single point, to finish 28th overall in the WDC in the world of rallying this year. That is how hard the rally was! We will not have it that bad, but it won't be easy.

Session Open: 21st of November 23:30 GMT to 26th of November 23:29GMT
Cars: WRC Rally1 Hybrid
Itinerary:
Shakedown & 45 Min Service *Pinky Pro Tip: Do 1 Shakedown run to get 1 extra set of tyres!*

PLEASE CHECK TYRE CHOICE BEFORE GOING ON TO STAGE 1!
SS1: Nenoue Highlands - Morning - Dry - 6.8km
SS2: Hokono Lake - Morning - Wet - 6.9km
SS3: Nenoue Plateau - Morning - Wet - 13.7km
Service - 45 Min
PLEASE CHECK TYRE CHOICE BEFORE GOING ON TO STAGE 4!
SS4:
Hab Dam - Afternoon - Wet - 10.3km
SS5: Higashino - Afternoon - Dry - 6.9km
SS6: Lake Mikawa - Afternoon - Dry - 19.9km
Service - 45 Min
SS7:
Oninotaira - Sunset - Dry - 11.4km

Assists & Tuning: Allowed
Hardcore Damage: On!

This will be a challenge. There will be one stage on each of the first two loops where we will have to use the wrong tyre. So remember to check the conditions for each loop and the choice of tyres!
Good Luck!

To participate in the event, you must join our WRC-game Rally Club.
You can also read more about the Rally Club here.

Probably going to be a short rally for me, I still haven't dialled in the steering wheel for the asphalt stages. The wheel just feel so overly sensitive compared to the loose surfaces in the game.

Ugh and agh.

Still haven't gotten friends with the start time thingy for the clubs. So either it would start one whole day late, or right away.

So the rally is open now, 30 min earlier than planned, so it will close 30 min earlier as well. I have changed the OP to show this.
Why I can't just choose a date and time to start, idk. That would be too easy I guess :roflmao:

Ugh and agh.

Still haven't gotten friends with the start time thingy for the clubs. So either it would start one whole day late, or right away.

So the rally is open now, 30 min earlier than planned, so it will close 30 min earlier as well. I have changed the OP to show this.
Why I can't just choose a date and time to start, idk. That would be too easy I guess :roflmao:
this?
Screenshot 2023-11-22 095901.png

looks good

Screenshot 2023-11-24 204234.png
had my first game busting bug tonight: I wanted to enter the first stage and all wheels on my Hyundai exploded (no joking) , so I stood there on four rims. Well, game then told me the stage was over and put me in an endless loop where I was always put back at the start on my rims, I was told I was out, I was put back at the start etc etc. Had to use task manager to shut down WRC and now it tells me: rally over :(

Last edited:
That went as I thought it would, straight off the road and getting a puncture on the very first stage, and it went all downhill from there :laugh:
My brain can't handle this fast cars on such narrow and twisty roads, specially not with the hybrid kicking in and creating even more unpredictable corner exits...
Still had fun, though :)

20231125220109_1.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes